Question

Timeline activities and CTA information

• 30 June 2017
  • 6 replies

I put this question as a response to something else somewhere. It is worthy of it's own question. I love that I can create timeline activities from CTAs and sync them with salesforce. This is incredibly useful. However, if I am not in the CTA, I don't have any idea what CTA this activity is related to. This is particularly an issue when they sync to salesforce and the sales team really has no idea what this about. I can put this information in the subject line to help but it would be very helpful if there was a better way. When syncing to sfdc, there is a field created called CSM Activity Type where "update", "call", "meeting", etc. is place. I would like to be able to push additional information form the CTA to salesforce as well. At the very least, the name of it but really any field that is on it. Is there a way to do that that I am not aware of? 

6 replies

Additionally, if I am in the timeline in the customer 360- I can't tell which CTAs these activities are all for. Am I missing something? 
Hi Laura,

We are adding a link to the CTA in 360 timeline in summer(Aug) release.

We are also working on showing more details like CTA name etc. upfront. ETA to be decided.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Badge
We now have a 'CTA' link when timeline updates are made from a CTA, but it doesn't appear that a link is created when the CTA is created from the Timeline (when tasks are added to an update).  Why is that? My CMSs have to go hunt for their CTA in order to complete it, even though they are looking right at the tasks in Timeline.  
I understand the concern, Melissa. We will be showing the activity via which CTA was created in CTA timeline too so that users have full context in the CTA. We are working towards it and will be implementing it soon.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Badge
Great to hear.  Thanks!
Badge +1
Any updates on this? I was talking with a customer this morning and its great you can create from the CTA to timeline but you cannot vice versa and link back. Is this coming soon?