Solved

Reporting on amount of time in CTA Statuses

• 6 February 2018
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
We're coming across a need to be able to report on how long CTAs stay in statuses.  For example, we populate CTAs with New.  We'd like to be able to report on how long it stays in New before it is moved to another status by the CSM. Same with any subsequent moves.  
icon

Best answer by sai_ram 7 February 2018, 11:51

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Heather,Thanks for this use-case.could you please give some more details on what all status you would like to track and the reason for you would like to track.

Currently there is a possible way to track how much time CTA has been open,but there is no ways to track the change of status(duration of status). 

One possible way to track the change of status by enabling the Feed tracking in Salesforce. 

Setup>Feed Tracking>Enable Feed Tracking for status field. 

Please let me know if you need more help here

Thanks for posting 
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Sai Ram,

Thanks for this.  So, if I enable feed tracking for Status, how would I then build a report to see the data I'm looking for?  I don't have SF Admin rights, so I'll have to submit a request to my IT team, and just making sure that this solution will work before I do so.

Thanks for the quick response!

For additional details:  We have a process where if a CSM is having issues getting a customer to schedule an EBR or On-boarding call, they can select the a status we created called Escalated to Leader.  We then have a internal Copilot outreach set up to send an email notification to the leader about CTAs in that status so that they can help resolve.  We're looking to be able to report for on how long the CTAs are sitting in that status before they are moved to another status.

We also have a status for Waiting on Sales that we'd also like to have that capability for.

Hope that helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
This has come up again for us, but with a slightly different use case.  We'd like to be able to move the CTA to another status automatically if it's been in another status for too long.  For example, we're having some challenges with CTAs sitting in "New" for a while before the CSM starts work.  We'd like to be able to move them to "Escalated to Leader" if they've been in the "New" status for x days.
Badge +3
I suggest using a Bionic Rule to identify the CTAs that you want to update and then using the Create CTA action to upsert the new status.   This thread might be helpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Heather, please refer to this article for more info
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a way to currently see how long a CTA has been in a given status.  

I can get around this since "New" is the status we put it in when it's created, so I can just use "x" days from Created Date, but since I want this to happen for more than one CTA, I don't think there's a good way to do that in the Rules Engine currently.  I wouldn't have to create an action for each CTA to get it to overwrite any existing, and then, I think I'd also be creating a lot of new ones as well that don't need to be created. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Heather,

One way to solve for this would be to create a "CTA Tracking Object" in MDA. This would require a rule to run daily and look for any open CTAs and write the relevant data (using the following to create a unique record per CTA: Account ID, Call to Action Name, Type, Reason, and Created Date) to the CTA Tracking Object only if there were changes to the status (or any other field you want to track like owner or priority). 

This can be done using a bionic rule where you fetch all open CTAs from your system in one task and fetch the oldest record for each CTA in the Tracking Object doing a left join (using the all open CTAs from the system in the left position) and merging on Account ID, Call to Action Name, Type, Reason, and Created Date as well as the status field (or any other field you want to track).

In that merge task, rename one of the fields (like Call to Action Name) from the right side task with a different column name. This will ensure that there is only data present in this column if the historical record is identical to the current record. 

Then filter this data looking for records where the right column field you named in the previous step is null. This will give you all the records that you need to write to the tracking object as having new information. Finally, make sure your tracking object has a field for "date of update" and add a custom mapping to write the Rule Date to that field. 

This will create a historical record for all your CTAs as they changed status over time. You could also add the "last modified by" too if you wanted that capability. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Dan!  I'll give this a go.  I appreciate it!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi All, 

Has there been anymore thought on this one? We would be interested in a OOB type of solution vs creating an object and running daily rules. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I see Dan’s suggestion, but would love to see this as an OOTB option as well!

Userlevel 1

Am curious if anyone has built a solution that does not require a new object to be created

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@mpatra I just added a PFR under Samsara for this Status change OOB functionality based on @ibrahimijaz’s ask here.

@heather_hansen, did the work around that Dan shared 5 years ago end up working on this? Is this still a need / ask for your team as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@bradybluhm I decided I didn’t want to build a new object/process to capture all the data due to the volume involved, so we’re currently just worrying about time since last modified and not capturing time in a status except for one of our processes.  Would love to see it OOTB.

Userlevel 5
Badge

You could do it without a new Object. 

Would require an “Old Status”Field and then a 2 date fields for each status you have.

Then build a real time rule. When the status is changed compare the Old Status field and New status field if different then push today’s date to one of the many date fields, done via API call.

Then create date compare/subtract fields.