US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 07/26/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

10 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m attempting to integrate Teams for Sally with GS and getting an error (below). Not sure if this is an  issue on GS side or my orgs side.

Thanks,

Sean

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Scott,

I am looking for some help with some of the configurations on our Salesforce Connector.  As I have gone back and forth with support there appears to be at least 3 places where you configure different parts of this connector:

1. Getting Tasks to go from Gainsight to Salesforce has a couple of checkboxes under the Administration>Cockpit>Task>Task Field Mapping.  Those are Auto Sync and Bi-directional Sync.  We have both checked and nothing appears to be going over to Salesforce. There is also a section under Administration>Timeline>Activity Sync that appears to do something similar.  We tried to configure that and press the Start Manual Sync.  Still nothing appears to have gone over to Salesforce.
  2. For Salesforce Tasks and Events to sync to the Gainsight Timeline I believe you go to Administration>Timeline>Integrations>Salesforce Settings.  Then create two jobs (one for Tasks and one for Events). We got two Tasks to cross over, but we are not sure why it isn’t loading all Tasks.
  3. The main place you configure the connector is under Administration>Integrations>Connectors 2.0>Salesforce Connector>Jobs. Here we have been able to run all of the OOBJ except for the Company and Company Person jobs.  For Company Person, the default settings have 2 fields with the same name “Account ID” that we cannot change in the configuration as they are defaulted.  It will not let us save any changes to the configuration as it says there are more than one field with the same name (Account ID).

I know this is a lot, but this configuration is really throwing us because there is not really any way we have found to know if these are problems with our configuration or something in our Salesforce setup of the connector.

Thanks!

Travis Morgan

Hey Scott, 

If time permits - I would love a little help with creating automated CTA’s for an upcoming initiative for a subset of accounts 

Thank you! 

Another topic that came up was mission control updates to the R360 or the C360 page, and creating a custom field for some attributes we want to run a pilot program. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We have started doing more and more with JO for internal use. A good example is, we send a monthly report to the CSM Managers. I would like to be able to add a token to the subject line of the email and have it pull in date that the program runs. Any quick thoughts? 

Badge

Hello Scott,

As I understand Timeline honors the global company search config, is there a way we can add the account number as a suffix to those entries in Gainsight Assist outlook plugin for our user to easily identify them? We are using Account Contact Relationship in SFDC wherein a contact can be associated to multiple accounts with same Account name but different account number. Users tend to guess and wrongly log it to another account. Thank you in advance. 

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help setting up a CSM introduction email that we discussed last week. It’s triggered from a field moving from one status to another. 

Badge +1

Hello, 

Is there a way to tell when the connector needs to be re-authorized or when it was last authorized? 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

Where can I find the survey link to send to a contact who is Email Opt and therefore not part of the JO Program?  

Rhonda

Badge +1

Hi there - 

Reposting from the last session:

Two questions today:

1. There are several date fields within GS which also display time (HH:MM). One example is in the Success Plan object - Start Date. We don’t really see value in having time in this field, but I can’t find where I can remove this element to where we are just showing MM/DD/YYYY.
  2. JO Program: CSV Import - I’ve received a CSV from marketing on client contacts we want to target for our NPS program. The file needs to be put into the correct format still, but I’m assuming that once I’ve added the file (and merged it with a couple of other data sets) that I can then map SFIDs for the contacts further on in the Participant configuration modal. Are my assumptions here correct? I mainly wanted to check prior to digging in and doing it. There seems to be very limited documentation on the CSV import function in JO.

Thanks!