Handling Gainsight changes when Salesforce account changes

Related products: None

I think I know the answer to this question - and if I'm right then this may need to be converted to an idea - but is there a way to transfer CTAs, Email Logs, Scorecard history, etc from one account to another?

Our SF instance is synced with Dunn and Bradstreet to pull in millions of accounts based on selected criteria (industry, etc).  But only a small subset of those accounts actually get activated and become customers.

Periodically we have a situation where the wrong SF Account was activated.  And of course this doesn't get identified until months later and Sales Operations moves everything from one SF Account to another.

As you can imagine, this significantly impacts Gainsight because now the Scorecard history, CTA history, any Emails that were triggered and logged to MDA remain associated with the "old" account.

Is there any way to migrate these over and associate them with the "new" account?

If not, it would be good to have a utility that will do this.
Hey Jeff - 

This is a sticky one...  

For the SFDC Gainsight objects, you can update them via DataLoader by performing a pull on all records you need to change, using Excel to do a vlookup and swap out SFDC Account IDs and then performing an update via DataLoader to repoint those entries to the correct account.

For [i]some MDA objects, you can create a lookup table in MDA (e.g. Bad SFDC ID, Good SFDC ID) to use with bionic rules to update accounts.  E.g. Pull records with bad accounts, pull lookup table fields, merge on the bad SFDC Account ID and only populate the resulting dataset with the good SFDC ID.  You can then use the actions to update the MDA objects.

Finally, for things like Timeline Entries, you have to submit a ticket to Gainsight Support and our L2 team has to make the change.  To do this, they will request:

activity_id (timeline activity id), new_id (New SFDC Account ID), new_gs_id (new Company Object account ID), label (Account Name) and context (Account, Relationship, etc.)

I know this isn't the cleanest answer.  Let me know if you'd like to talk more specifics?  Thanks!

Tim
Ugh.  

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

What about Scorecard history?  Is there any way to move that?

Also - can we convert this to an idea?  This seems like it's not a use case that would be unique to us.  Would be useful to have a utility in Gainsight that can reconnect these for you.
Converted to Idea.
If you are using Scorecard 1.0, you can update via SFDC DataLoader.  If you are using Scorecard 2.0, you have to submit a ticket to GS Tech Ops to move them... :/  Sorry Jeff!
Jeff - This is a key one on our roadmap - especially for Company changes.  We agree the current process is Ugh!
Agree that this is a 'clunky' experience. It feels as though this should be a part of the "Data Anomalies" in order to re-assign various data to the new account.