Scorecard Validity

Related products: None

When setting scorecard validity, it would be a nice enhancement to be able to not only set a validity period, but also have a check box or something of the sort to determine whether or not to continue using the measure in the overall scorecard calculation if it is past the validity period.  

For example, let’s say that you have Sentiment weighted highly.  If that value gets stale, your score would potentially be inaccurate.  So, it would be nice to say if the sentiment is older than X months, no longer include it in the score calculation.  Still leave the value and the indication of being past the validity date.

Hi Heather, this can easily be done with a rule that looks at all scores of the category where you want validity established and if the last scorecard update is greater than your threshold (x number of months), then the rule can set it to N/A which will drop it from the calculation.

@dan_ahrens Thanks, but then, we lose visibility on what that score is in dashboards, etc, and we lose the indication that it’s past its validity.

You can write the previous score along with a comment using that same rule to indicate the historical details. 

@heather_hansen Thanks for the post! We agree with the use-case, but this is not something that has come up much with other customers. Generally, they would still include the score, even if it is stale, but implement mechanisms to make sure stale scores are refreshed - Notifications/CTAs etc. I will add this to our backlog, but cannot promise when it might be available.

Also, quick questions  - would you like the option to remove the measure from overall score calculation as soon as it’s stale, or could it be some other date that you’d like to configure?

Regards,

Shantan

@shantan_reddy Understood.  I’m open to whatever makes the most sense.  I can see potentially creating a CTA/notification to remind someone that the score validity is about to expire and giving a timeframe before it becomes invalid.

@heather_hansen We now have real-time rules in Gainsight. It is in our roadmap to throw an event in case any important thing related to any measure changes. You could read the event, and create a CTA, or send a notification, or any other action you’d like. This should solve your use-case. However, this will likely take a couple of quarters.

Regards,

Shantan

@heather_hansen did you get a chance to view the comments? Do you have any questions here?

@sai_ram Nope.  Works for me.  I’ll keep an eye out in the release notes for anything relevant.