Solved

Create rules based on TRUE NPS score within set time period (transactional)

• 25 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
There are tons of topics based on calculation of NPS score and the challenges in various parts of Gainsight, but I haven't come across an answer for this specific question (feel free to drop link if I missed it!)...

We're looking to run a transactional NPSx on our support scores over a period of x months. Ideally we'd like to create a rule that sets a support score off of these metrics, however I cannot find a way to calculate true NPS.

1) Has there been a solution implemented to help this issue that I'm missing? 

2) Are there any best practice workarounds for transactional NPSx scores? i.e. if sum of detractors > promoters = red?
icon

Best answer by jitin_mehndiratta 26 July 2017, 11:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jake,

You could do this using rules and MDA. Here's how:

1 - Create a custom MDA object with fields for Account ID, Account Name, Promoters, Detractors, Passives & NPS Score

2 - Promoters, Detractors and Passives would be populated via rules that count the number of responses in the previous x months of each type

3 - NPS score field would be a formula field in MDA that performs the NPS calculation. Here is a sample (Pro=promoters, Det=detractors, Pas=passives): 

( ( Pro__gc / (Det__gc+Pas__gc+Pro__gc) ) - ( Det__gc / (Det__gc+Pro__gc+Pas__gc) ) )* 100

This would give you a row of data for each of your customers with the calculated NPS for the time period in question and you could then use that MDA table for reporting or other purposes.

Hope this helps!
Hi Jake, 

Below is another way you can fetch the true NPS score (%Promoters - % Detractors) over a period of time using Bionic Rules.

Step 1: Create a Data set task to fetch Account and NPS Scores for a period of time.

Step 2: Pivot on NPS Score, Show: Account, Group By Account as shown in the screenshot below.

Step 3: Add a Transformation task, use formula field to add expression and calculate true NPS Score.

Output is as below: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We also wrote this up as a formal tutorial