🚨 Upcoming Webinar Alert! Building PX+CS Strategy: “Show Me The Money!”

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
'

When strategizing the best way to use Gainsight PX and CS together, it can be difficult to decide where to start. Both Gainsight PX and CS offer a number of benefits to various teams and when putting the two together, the possibilities are endless (and potentially overwhelming)! A suggestion when implementing a PX+CS use case is to first consider your pricing model, or as Jerry Maguire would say, “Show me the money!”

jGYK7whejepYsoDOU5Qq5oh7s20BoZbxw3ALqEUWnU2mPUscwdJy1tDl8EChxxgyaUaUJcSsjzsVWJMLaFNhxYEYo0vf0uYyZ0EyGwEfZxAf03D8MHzM0sWr2kYPBBWHUsAwoalPK8EkEARZza8QXWE

Most SaaS customers generate revenue by charging per user/license or by feature utilization.

User-Based  

In a User/License based pricing model, customers are charged by the number “seats” sold per organization. Take Gainsight as an example. Gainsight CS is sold to customers in terms of the number of licenses purchased and Gainsight PX determines the price per customer based on the number of monthly active users (MAUs). In these scenarios, it is important to track the number of users logging into the product to understand health and risk, as well as to measure growth of users to identify upsells motions. That is, sell additional licenses or increase the pricing bracket to one that is more appropriate for the number of MAUs. 

Feature-Based  

Organizations with a Feature-Based pricing model charge customers by feature utilization as opposed to the number of users logging in. Customers can purchase a package that gives them access to 10 core platform features, for example, but will have to buy a higher-priced package to access additional or advanced features. Visibility into rates of feature adoption is important for this pricing model in order to identify risk, understand health, and spot upsell opportunities. For example, trigger an upsell motion when users demonstrate saturation within a particular feature set. 

• How does your organization''s pricing model affect the PX and CS use cases that are implemented? 
  • Is the use case driven by your organization’s pricing model? 
  • How are Product and Customer Success team goals impacted by PX+CS use cases? 

Join the discussion and learn more about how PX and CS can be used to crush your business goals at The Power of Working Better Together with Gainsight PX and CS Webinar on June 20th at 9am PT. Register Now! 

'

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So bummed I’m only just seeing this today 😔 Is there a way I could get access to the recording? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same here @mdowney2  - Possible to share the link here for the folks hitting the banner in the community (a day or more late)?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

So sorry we missed you at the webinar @mdowney2 and @davebrown2242. You can watch the recording here. Please post your questions and feedback too!