Question

Installing Gainsight with IFrames (PX)

• 6 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

How are others configuring Gainsight to track activity in IFrames? We have a few of our products that use IFrames extensively for their product and we are trying to identify the best way to track the usage of these products. We got to the Product Mapper phase of configuration and have identified that we are not able to tag anything within the IFrames, and are now looking for guidance on what we might be able to do. 

I have searched the Gainsight documentation and only come up with this one page: https://support.gainsight.com/PX/Install_PX/Install_PX_Web/Install_Gainsight_PX_in_IFrames

It is a very short description and I have passed it along to my engineers for them to see if they are able to work with this. But having the outline of an experienced team who has worked on this would be great. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Very interested in this.  We have some sections of our product that utilize iFrames as well.   Thanks for asking this question and please share anything you find!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting @Ashton !

The online documentation you reference above is correct.  For PX to track usage and serve Engagements, the PX Tag code and PX Identify call must be included within the application running inside the iframe. 

Therefore, if this iframed application is under your development team’s control, then they will need to add the necessary PX code there to enable PX.  However, if your development team is unable to add the necessary PX Tag code and PX Identify call to the iframed third party application’s code,  then PX will not be able to track or serve Engagements inside that application.