Question

Interface for Salesforce Reports

I think it would be very helpful if there was a way to display custom built Salesforce reports on the Gainsight dashboard. I checked with our admin and he said that currently there was no interface for displaying Salesforce reports. I think this would make a great enhancement to Gainsight.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
As Angie's Admin, the user story would be as follows:

As a user, I would like the ability to view my custom Salesforce reports in my Gainsight interface, preferably via Dashboards (filtered by "Current User" and possibly tied back to SF account that way?)

Suggestion: Via Dasboard builder, offer a "Custom SF Report" Object that will provide navigation directly to the user's Custom Report folder in Salesforce with ability select a single report for display.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Angie,

Currently, we cannot embed Salesforce reports in Gainsight dashboard. Providing the interface you are asking is not in our immediate roadmap either. But you can create the exact same report inside Gainsight's Report builder.

To dig a bit deeper here: Why would you want to interface Salesforce report in Gainsight? This will help in understanding the ask better

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
@rakesh It may be because we have not opened up dashboard/report creation to our users yet so all new reports must be configured by the admin. As a result, users wish to have their own reports made available. We do expose baseline table reports and have instructed on the use of local/custom filters on thems and exposed our primary data points but the "custom" aspect is lacking at the moment.

Hope that helps and any feedback from @angie_melson as well :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I am extremely interested in the custom word you mentioned.

• Can you expand on what customizations would your users be interested in?

• Do they ask you for customizations / modifications / new reports on dashboard?

• If yes, Do these requests increase or decrease over time or are they random?

These inputs will help us on creating a simpler end user reporting (a . roadmap item) experience.

Lets say there is an ability to add a SF report to a dashboard, dashboard building today is an admin's functionality. Providing dashboard building access to end users seems like a prerequisite to get value from this interfacing.