Fix rule reordering within rule chains

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Please please please fix the drag and drop/reordering rules within a rule chain functionality. It’s almost impossible to change the order between two rules without creating sub-chain. This needs to behave like drag and dropping actions in rules engine. 

This deserves way more upvotes. It’s one of the most frustrating parts of administering Gainsight. You literally can’t drag and drop rules in the correct order without completely re-doing your work.

YES! I couldn’t agree more! I have do a rule chain cleanup and I’m dreading the shuffling of rules. 

And fun fact - if the rule you add is under a rule that runs as “partially success” it will not run the sub-chain. 

I end up have to screenshot the order to make sure I remember before rearranging

While I agree this UI element isn’t my favorite, I have found a trick (as has @sarahmiracle ) My trick is called "Wide Right" and it spares you some--though not all--of the precision mouse work you’re currently doing.

When I move a rule and don't want a sub-chain, I click-and-drag the 6-dot anchor "wide right", so it's more in the middle of the rule names. Instead of dragging and staying close to the left vertical line, move “wide right” out toward the horizontal midpoint of the Rule Chain diagram. Somehow, there are far more "eligible pixels" out there to drop your rule so it lands into your intended place.

@andreammelde  I do exactly the same, screenshot, remove everything and redo 😅

@matth

@matthew_lind I’ll try that next time I need to move them around, thanks for the tip

@darkknight  @matthew_lind Tested and approved! But still would make sense for them to unify the drag and dropping XP 🙂.

This is a no brainer. It is necessary to allow the admins to drag and drop to reorder the rules within rule chain. Don't force us to recreate a new rule chain from the scratch just to reorder the rules.

@darkknight @matthew_lind - Thanks for the tips. It is working. But, still this shouldn't be a trick to learn. It must be an easy drag and drop.