Dashboard Filters SFDC Picklist vs MDA Dropdown list Compatibility

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

I tested this senario on a single dashboard:

Report 1:

I have a report based off of Customer Info which has a filter on Stage.

Report 2:

I have a Mass Edit Report for Scorecard 2.0 where I have a filter on Stage which is a field on the Standard Company Object in MDA.

When adding these two reports to a dashboard I attempt to set the dashboard filter, but I get no common filters found. Stage on my Company object is a direct mapping to stage in Customer Info, only difference is one is Picklist and the other Dropdown list.

It would be nice to add a dashboard filter based on the senario I laid out to maintain the easy dropdown filter within dashboards. As of right now the two aren't compatible to make a dashboard filter on.
Dashboard filter improvements and flexibility is a big reporting initiative for our Summer Release - including global filters in dashboards where the data sources cross SFDC and MDA.
In the current implementation this use case is already thought through. One important detail here is the customer has to specify which is the reference picklist the global filter should use (for example to display values in the filter). The global filter wouldn't automatically know if the picklist across SFDC and MDA becomes inconsistent overtime. We will go by the reference picklist specified by the customer and the customer has to make sure the same picklist across sources is consistent.
For sure definitely it needs to be aware that both sources picklist value wise are the same from MDA to SFDC.