Enhance Playbook Creation/Edit View

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

The process of creating and editing a playbook can be difficult and inconsistent. Some items automatically save while others you need to click the save button. I've also run into issues when the tasks move up or down. Lastly the area seems so small considering the amount of blank real estate on that page.
Thanks for posting this Heather! We will make improvements to the playbook interface and your feedback will be incorporated. 

Seven years later, this process still desperately needs updating. Creating and editing a playbook and tasks feels like pulling teeth. 

• Editing the tasks opens a new pane on the right-hand side of the page that’s not even close to the rest of the playbook. I can’t reference my other steps while editing the task. I constantly have to scroll down and find the playbook again.
  • It’s annoying that I can’t simply change the task type from Task to Email. I instead have to delete and then create an entirely new email task from scratch and then scroll and find where to place it in my current order of tasks.
  • I wish it were easier to create email templates inside this playbook editor. Currently, I have two windows open and have to create the template before the task or otherwise I have to refresh the webpage in order for my new template to load. This can result in losing the copy I’ve already entered into the task, forcing me to start over.

i came looking for a place to voice my frustration with the Playbook editing UI in NXT.  @wyattfarino did a good job kicking things off here.  Most of NXT feels like an upgrade from SFDC edition, but editing playbooks is an absolute train wreck.  I get nothing but complaints from all team members with editing rights and I dread making any change that involves more than one step. 

Having to scroll through the entire list of playbooks after saving each change is deeply frustrating and wastes time, creates opportunities to make mistakes (did I just scroll back down to the same playbook?  Where did I leave off??)

I have been an admin and advocate for Gainsight for 7 years now.  My company has been acquired by another and we sold them on expanding our use of Gainsight across the entire org.  We are under pressure to prove what a great decision that was...and this UI is not going to instill confidence in anyone who sees it.

I would love to at least hear that there is acknowledgement that the experience needs improvement, even if it’s not imminent on the roadmap.  If the current state is deemed to be solid, then I encourage you to have your designers perform the next round of big updates to your playbooks.  😏

Let me check with the PM team on this.

Hi,

The entire Playbook page and flow are going through a redesign right now. We will keep this thread updated with the status of the redesign.

Thanks,

Monica

AcknowledgedIN DEVELOPMENT