CoPilot Surveys sent to contacts associated to a CTA

Hi All

We are working on sending out automated survey emails via CoPilot triggered by a CTA type and reason to the users associated to that CTA.

One example is Training. We want to create a powerlist to send this email out when the training CTA is closed to the users that were on the training. 

Currently we cannot pull the associated contacts in the powerlist criteria - Bugger! so this would be a HUGE product enhancement I believe to automate the copilot outreaches not just for training but even QBR meetings and so on to the particular target audience.

The meeting takes place on gotomeeting. Ideally I would love for that attendee list to get populated in the power list but not sure how.

Anyway you get the gist!

Any help here would be great because currently our only solution is to add a Training Date field under Contacts object within SFDC so that when a CSM conducts the training they update that in SFDC and the powerlist is generated with that field to when a training took place. Caveat is if however we trained 20 people that would mean updating the date for 20 contacts? We probably will not be launching CoPilot Survey automation emails to our CSM right now as we are trying to increase Gainsight adoption in our company and this will probably detract them from the tool.

Naquiyah Cash

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Naquiyah,

Thanks a ton for sharing all the details. We are actively working on improving the experience of managing such processes in Cockpit, and also on the interconnectivity with CoPilot. 

One solution we could try for the time being is to sync data from the Associated Records table in Salesforce to MDA, along with relevant Account information to join this data with. Rules Engine can take care of the data sync part. You could then build your CoPilot power lists atop the synced table in MDA, bypassing the current limitations. Happy to discuss more, if you think this might work for you.
Hi Manu

That will be brilliant! would love to discuss this further. Let me know how we can organise this. Will I have to bring in the GS CSM to coordinate a call for us?

Thanks

Naquiyah Cash
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Naquiyah,

It'll be good to have the CSM actively involved, so yes, we can take that route.

Thanks,

Manu
I cant tag my CSM on this thread can I? like an @...
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Don't think so. I have shared the thread with Kelly.
Perfect thanks Manu! Crossing my fingers this solution works!
Hi Naquiyah, I'm working on the same type of survey at the moment and have hit the same roadblock. Did Manu's solution end up working for you?
Badge
I am eager to know if the solution worked as well. Any updates on this?
Hi Johnny,

With a lot of help back in February from our SFDC admin and Gainsight Support, I was able to get the workaround in place and am surveying associated contacts. I'd suggest working with Support in case anything has changed and this process is now easier, but here's an outline of what we did:

We added some new formula fields to the Associated Records custom object in SFDC to ensure we could pull the following data: Account Name, Account ID, Call To Action Name, Contact Name/Email, Contact ID, CSTask Name, CTA Type/Reason, CTA's closed date, plus any fields I wanted to tokenize in the Copilot email template (eg CSM Name, email, phone#).

We also had to create a fake/dummy Account lookup field to trick the Rules Engine into accepting this table as a data source (doesn't matter if the value is null).

I built an MDA object with matching fields and a rule to *upsert* data from the SFDC Associated Records object to my new MDA object. All SFDC fields are mapped to the MDA fields *except* for the Dummy Account lookup which maps to (none).

In Copilot I built my powerlist off the new MDA object with the CTA Closed Date as my time identifier.

Hope this is helpful!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
As Amy explained, this requires some effort to put in place, but does work. From a timing perspective though, we have a new feature called Data Spaces rolling out soon, which once supported in CoPilot, should make this process a lot easier. I'm assigning this post to Sundar who can confirm.

Thanks,

Manu
Userlevel 6
Sundar, Could you post the official data spaces instructions for sending Surveys to the "associated contacts" from the CTA?  Or point us to a tutorial on the Support portal that is applicable?  One of my customers asked about this option this morning and is excited about the possibility....  Thank you!
Userlevel 5
Elaine - The support for Dataspaces at Account level will be possible in Copilot from October release. 

Right now in Copilot the support for Dataspaces is limited to Relationships.