Jump directly to Account page from CTA in Cockpit

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

Some customers have indicated a desire to have a link directly to the SFDC Account page from the CTA in Cockpit. This would eliminate the need to click to the C360 first, then use that link to jump to the the Account.

Re-posting idea from a suggestion earlier this year "Link to SFDC Account page from CTA in Cockpit" (OK to merge). Hoping to get input as to whether there are any current ways to accomplish this or plans to add this functionality, as it has come up as an ongoing request.
I love this idea. Anything that results in less clicks get my vote!
If something like the account dropdown that  currently exists in C360 was added to cockpit - I agree that would be really helpful!

What is the use case here  --  what info are you looking for on account page that is not on C360?   Also, adding a drop down like on C360 to cockpit doesn't work since there is no single customer context for cockpit.  There is such context for a CTA, of course.  
I jump over to the SFDC account to create new Opportunities and to review old Opps; old activities, and attachments. 
TWO THUMBS WAY UP - I brought this up through support and product over a year ago and was told they would incorporate feedback:  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/cockpit-add-string-field-to-list-view-field-config-...
There is a way to get to this by creating a formula field that dynamically generates the url, and then hyperlinking it.

Formula (please replace the first portion of the url based on what applies to your org):

How it shows up inside the CTA detail view:

Hope this helps!
I may be being dense here, but where do I find the "Formula Options" to insert this formula?
Hi Matthew,

You can create a new field of datatype = formula in CustomerInfo object (Setup > Objects > CustomerInfo)

Thanks,

Nitisha
Matthew - it's a Salesforce formula, not directly in Gainsight.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Link to SFDC Account page from CTA in Cockpit.

Allow user to jump from Cockpit to the SFDC Account page for the customer associated with a CTA.An ability to get directly to Account page with one click, much like you can in C360, will help streamline workflow for Cockpit users. 

Submitting on behalf of Sherry Fields at Adaptive Insights. Also mentioned recently by other customers.