Save dashboard filters

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

User story:

As a CSM Manager, I need to display dashboard reports for each of my direct reports individually so I can see their book of business and provide meaningful coaching.

Current situation:

The CSM Manager has to change the filter for each direct report everytime they want to view the information.

Request:

Allow for saved filters so the CSM Manager does not need to search for the name of the person on their team.

Acceptance criteria:

1. Have all individuals whose information is displayed on a dashboard listed in a drop-down for the viewer to slice the data

2. Allow users to save filters within dashboards for easy selection of any views they regularly use.
Hi Angela, have you looked into using Global dashboard filters

This would allow them to select a user one time and apply to all reports in the dashboard.  And it's sticky.

If you have a manager lookup on the user, you can also set up a dashboard so that if the Manager selects him/herself from the filter, it will display details for all their direct reports.  
Thanks for following up.  I think this is what we have, but the managers want to save the filters that update all the reports.  So instead of searching for 15 users, 15 times, they can just click the name of the user or select them from a drop-down.  

When they filter with themself as the manager, it is an aggregate of all their direct reports.

This request would be functionality like Jira has, where you can save and share filters and just click on the one you want instead of re-creating the searches every time.
Ah I see.  I thought you were saying they had to edit the filter on each report...but you did say each [i]direct report. 🙂
Hi Angela, Thanks for posting. 

As far as I know, this is not in our road-map, also let us see how does other customers need this functionality. Gathering the inputs from other customers for better results !

Please  Hit Like or +1 to increase the priority in the roadmap.

We’re getting this request more and more from leadership. Use case is that they want to quickly be able to reference, let’s say, 5 different versions of a manager dashboard that uses a different permutations of 3-4 different filters. Rather than have to rebuild those filters every single time, it’d be nice to save certain versions of said dashboard and quickly access them as needed. PowerBI offers this functionality FYI.