Solved

Export to SFDC - Multi-pick list to large text field

• 15 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Is it possible to aggregate a multi-pick list in GS to send to SFDC via a rule to populate a large text field?

Use case:

We want to send a survey response that is multi-pick list with an “other” option to type in freeform answer to SFDC. The field in SFDC is a large text field. The data is dropping off and not populating the field in SFDC. I want to aggregate the options the survey responder selected to one large text to send over

icon

Best answer by andreammelde 17 December 2020, 16:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@andreammelde Thanks for sharing your use-case here. I am not good at this use-case. Let me share this with the product team and get some inputs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Realized Survey User Answer aggregrates this already in Answer ID > Title and then Answer Text has the “other”. We cannot concatenate these to one field due to limitation on the large text field of Answer Text, so we created two fields in SFDC. One for the pre-aggregated multi select Answer ID > Title and one for the “other” Answer Text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@andreammelde awesome and thanks for sharing it here. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Update - if the answer is a multi select, it is not already aggregated. There is a record per option selected. In order to get this to one field, you must pivot on the Answer > Title and then Concatenate.

It would be much more helpful if the Multi- Select was already aggregated so we did not have to do multiple steps to export a survey response