US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 10/29/20 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 29 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

3 replies

People maps field question 

1. We have a customer field in the map that I would like to be a look up menu. It is current set up as “String” which is free text. The list of data types that exist are the following. Do any of these make a menu?
    1. Boolean
    2. Currency
    3. Date
    4. Datetime
    5. Dropdownlist
    6. Email
    7. GS ID
    8. Multi Select dropdown list
    9. Number
    10. Percentage
    11. Rich Text Area
    12. SFDC ID
    13. Who ID
    14. String
  2. I would like the look up menu to point to the Gainsight user table. Is that possible? For instance we have global filters in our reports that will let you key in a menu look up for Gainsight users (Sales Executives/CSMs/CSM Directors/CS VPs etc. 

Questions about people maps reports

1. We currently have a report that we would like to see Person records under accounts for which they are included in a people map. The person records appear to be associated to other companies, and so we are seeing them appear in multiple rows. Is there a way to filter/isolate a report for only person records in which a map incudes that person

Question about person list in people maps

1. How do you delete a person from the list once they have been added? 

Bi-directional sync of person in people maps to contact record

1. We currently a nightly rule that pushes SF contact records to person object so that they can be used to add that record in people maps. Is there a best practice for using “Plus person” within people maps. This will add an individual to the list of persons, however does not write back to SF contact record. 

Thanks, Shiela 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I need help bypassing someone who already replied to an NPS survey from the next scheduled round

Badge +2

Hi Scott, I have an automated email sent to a participant after the survey is completed with variants based on the score. The program does not appear to be respecting the variants and is sending only the default and I cannot figure out why. Thanks!