Horizon Analytics feedback 2

Related products: None

Hello, adding more feedback on Horizon Analytics. Some of these gaps are deal-breakers for us to consider adoption.

1. Bring back summarize by date when grouping by a date field

in regular reports:

in Horizon:

1. Allow sorting in pivots by the pivoted column
  1. When adding report to a dashboard, make it searchable, like the widgets are. We create a lot more reports than widgets, and it would be useful to have the search bar available.
  1. In a report with many columns, I’m not able to unfilter by deleting the filtered criteria. I can only unfilter by resetting the filter. Also, filtered rows appear with shrunken column names, and fields cannot be resized. https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAuP2eDE

@jivanova That last one made me cringe. Good catches on these. I wish there was some type of mega-mega thread that had all the feedback for horizon on it. I know we can use tags but there’s so much that I don’t think any of us make a post for just one issue, so I wonder how they’ll all be captured and addressed.

Another bug, I think, with Horizon. Aggregation of data isn’t working, or there might be a workaround that isn’t intuitive.

In old reporting, I can aggregate like this

but in Horizon I cannot aggregate at all! Not to mention, that if you leave the page while the filter is open (the gear button), and come back, the menu jumps all the way to the left of the screen, as shown in the image.

@jivanova If you hover over the Show Me Fields and click the Gear Icon, you should be able to add column calculations 

@bradley - thank you! that is what I did, but it produces a sum instead of an average. Also, median is not available as an aggregation, and it is in old reporting. Lastly, column calculation allows you to click both (sum and average) on your screenshot, but it produces only sum at the end. It doesn’t make sense to be able to check both at the same time.

@bradley - thank you! that is what I did, but it produces a sum instead of an average. Also, median is not available as an aggregation, and it is in old reporting. Lastly, column calculation allows you to click both (sum and average) on your screenshot, but it produces only sum at the end. It doesn’t make sense to be able to check both at the same time.

Fair point, I think having Mean and Median available makes sense (why not mode as well?).

I was able to get a sum and/or median on my data set. Perhaps there’s either an issue with your instance, or maybe a data issue? I also found if I checked both boxes I would get Sum and Average displayed: 

@bradley - thanks for this sanity check! I will log aticket to GS to review if this is only in our instance.

Hi @jivanova 

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

1. Summarize by is available today. Its not under settings but is the primary action when you have a date field in Group By. 
  2. Searching in that searchbar for widgets also searches the reports. It searches both reports and any widgets with the same name.
  3. This looks like a bug. Will work with the team to iron this one out.

On the aggregation @bradley did cover that! Median might be missing, but when we checked some data, its barely used by anyone. (Also, it will come back again with window formula fields). 

These are likely bugs, but they’re pretty obnoxious - I actually ended up finding another while trying to record the first one:

1. Adding new widgets go straight to the bottom of the dashboard, even when there is space for them. This is a bit hard to capture but here’s where I’m trying to add it, but there’s blank space here and I’m attempting to add a text widget and it just goes right to the bottom: 
    1.  Resizing widgets can only be done by dragging from one corner, but some widgets don’t “stop” resizing. I can’t click away, escape doesn’t work, nor does trying to resize another widget. I also noticed that when this is happening, if I scroll up to the top of my dashboard and don’t move my mouse, it slowly scrolls back down to this widget.
      1. Some widgets won’t let me move them around. Clicking and dragging just highlights text.

@bradley 

1. For item 1, It's because the default size of the text widget is 5x5 which larger than the spaces I see in the pic(4 boxes width only). If there is enough space, then the widget you drop will not go to the bottom.
  2. The second one, we are working on this one - we have already reduced the occurrences of such scenarios - this might sometimes occur with the webpage widget 
  3. The third one would you be able to provide any additional context, please? 

@bradley

1. For item 1, It's because the default size of the text widget is 5x5 which larger than the spaces I see in the pic(4 boxes width only). If there is enough space, then the widget you drop will not go to the bottom.
  2. The second one, we are working on this one - we have already reduced the occurrences of such scenarios - this might sometimes occur with the webpage widget 
  3. The third one would you be able to provide any additional context, please? 

For 1, that was my guess, but given that the widget can fit in the space if it is resized, it would make more sense for the widget to have a default size (or perhaps a minimum size) that is superseded by the available space you’re trying to drop it into. Alternately (and this would probably be harder to implement anyways) if you can display the default size as you’re moving it around and bump something out of the way (be resizing it) that would be more user friendly. In either case at the moment, it’s a hassle to add new items.

1. Nice :)
  2. It’s a bit hard to show when it doesn’t work in a gif because it looks like I’m not doing anything. But generally, you can rearrange the widgets by dragging and dropping them around the grid right? There are times that I’m not able to move around widgets to empty space. It’s possible that only happens when I’m experiencing #2, but I’m not sure, I didn’t test it that thoroughly. Does that help?

@rakesh , thank you for confirming which items are bugs, and which are navigation related. Will there be a post to know when these get fixed, regardless of who found and reported in Community?

We are trying to delay Horizon Analytics until most of the bugs get fixed.

Thank you,

Jasmina

Hi @jivanova  

I will share an update on these soon. 

Would be great to have “divider bars” to help make sections very clear

Would be great to have “divider bars” to help make sections very clear

That's a great idea Andrea. I will consider this one as one of the enhancements for the new dashboards.