Question

"Active" checkbox in SFDC - How Accurate in GS

• 12 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

My team has never used the “active” checkbox in SFDC because they are worried it won’t be accurate in GS.  Has anyone run into any issues with the accuracy in checking the active box in SFDC?

We want to pull data on only active accounts, but my SFDC team just let me know they have never used that box.

Thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MelissaC I’m observing there may be 2 separate issues or questions here.

First, there’s a concern about accuracy, which can be mitigated with a solid Bionic Rule or a well-configured SFDC Connector. That should ensure the value of the fields is consistent between SFDC and Gainsight.

Second, there’s how the fields are used and populated. If there’s uncertainty about how a field is used, or the SFDC team signals they don’t support a field, then I would be cautious about ingesting that data to Gainsight. Your Gainsight data will only be as trustworthy as your data sources.

Though you can technically ensure field values are syncing accurately (and do so fairly easily), you may ask if you should do this. If your SFDC data is untrustworthy, then that same untrustworthiness will follow the data ingested into Gainsight.