Email attachments to timeline activites

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

it is very critical for us to be able to attach emails to timeline activities.

for example, if there is an important email thread with a customer , we can't copy the whole email to the activity notes.

is there a plan to add this function, if so when?

if not, how can we raise this as a feature request ?

I think they're doing a beta test on emailing activities to the Timeline... that may solve your issue here when that gets rolled out.

Hi Rozi,

Faust is correct about the Email to Timeline feature in beta right now. It will be released broadly in the next few months. You'll be able to send customer email communications to Timeline to be stored as activities, with attachments up to 20 MB.

Question about email to timeline. Please confirm that we will be able to identify which emails we decide to post, whether we sent them or received them, as opposed to having all email traffic being posted to the timeline based on customer's email address.

In other words: do you have the details of how this email to timeline will work? I could find my answers by looking at that info ;-)

I've used several different "email post to application" plug-ins and they all work differently. I'd like to know how Gainsight's will work.

Thanks!

Lyne

Hi Lyne,

You are correct, we will allow end users to selectively send messages to Timeline. This will be accomplished by providing authorized users with a unique inbound email address that they will BCC on emails they send to customers, which will then ingest it into Gainsight. We should be releasing this to all customers in the next month or two, so stay tuned!

Would it be possible to not include signature attachments. We use images in our email signatures and it is filling up under the drafts section on global timeline. Or is there a way to eliminate that? Also can they be deleted?

@shannon There are a few posts regarding the attachment part in email to timeline. We run into the same problem with our logos getting added as attachments.

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/expanded-email-to-timeline-attachment-options-5c78188be4b0821763ba33e0

Above is one of them.