Solved

Owner Field options not populating in Rule to create CTA

• 23 March 2018
  • 7 replies

I am trying to create a rule that will create a CTA and assign it to the BDR on my account.  When clicking on the Owner Field in the rule I do not have any options populating there to auto assign this CTA to. I know the only options shown in this field are user lookup fields related to the account or customer info object.  Since I am using a Data Space I created I can't seem to add the correct field to that data space that will populate the user field in the Owner Field area on the rule. How do I know which fields to choose out of all my options?  Are there limits to what can be added to a Data Space that may be preventing me from getting the correct field? See attached a screenshot of my data space. 
icon

Best answer by darkknight 24 March 2018, 17:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Kara, using a bionic rule you can merge your data space with the Account object (assuming the BDR is a field on the Account) and by including the BDR data in the final merged data set, the SFDC ID of the BDR will be available in the CTA creation step.

More info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Rules_Engine/Admin_Configuration/Bionic_Rules_Ta...

One thing to ask though - does your BDR have a full Gainsight license? It's important for individuals to whom you are intending to assign CTAs that they have a full Gainsight license so they can access Cockpit to see their CTAs as well as to configure notification settings. 
Badge +3
Assignment is looking for a UserID vs Contact ID or Lead ID.

From Contact ID, can you see Account and then Owner from there?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Kara, as Denise suggested, select the ID field nested under Contact ID -> Account ID -> Owner ID:

I believe you can also select the entire Owner ID section:

Badge
If you trying to create a CTA at R360, you would need to merge the GS relationship object
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@All, That's great response!

@Kara, is the issue resolved or do you need any help here. Please let us know if you need any help here.
Thanks all for the help, I tried to create a bionic rule that includes a merge however, when I think go to the Setup Action to create the CTA I still don't have any options to choose my BDR.  Do i need two separate rules or can this all be done in one?