Zendesk integration to automatically match for identically named customers/organizations

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

I propose that the Zendesk-Gainsight integration get more functionality so that if my Gainsight Customer and my Zendesk Organization are identically named, that they automatically link.

My use case involves the substantial effort we already made syncing Zendesk and Salesforce. When once syncs those two applications, the Salesforce Account and the Zendesk Organization must be matched, character-for-character, and they stay in sync once matched up. Because many companies have already invested in that effort, it would be excellent to have Gainsight allow automatic linking for identically named Customers and Organizations.

Without this, an administrator must link up all existing (and future) Customers to Organizations, which is not scalable and is prone to error.
Thanks for these great inputs Matt! We reviewed multiple mapping mechanisms and our intentions is to automate as much as possible. 

Currently, while manually mapping a Zendesk org to an SFDC account, we provided suggestions. If Salesforce Account and the Zendesk Organization match character-for-character, then that account will shown in the suggestion. If no accounts match the Org name, we suggest accounts that have a contact with the requester's email or accounts that have contacts with the requester's email domain. These suggestions should reduce the error rate.  

However we agree this this is not scalable and we will provide auto mapping rules using which you can achieve the above and also build more complex mapping rules based on requester's details. 
Hi Sidhu, Matt & I were recently talking about the Zendesk integration.  Is there any update on support for bulk/auto mapping?  Thank you!
Hi Elaine, we are able to setup rules on the backend to 'automate' mapping. This is a flat fee for the Service Package to setup. For Matthew's use case mentioned above, we *should* be able to leverage the existing Zendesk to SF sync mapping in these rules.
Hi Matt,

We are adding the ability to auto match the organization id with the account id if the names are the same in the next release. If the names do not match , we will continue to provide auto suggested results as we do today. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hello Kevin! I'm a CSM for Azuqua (one of Gainsight's technology partners), and many of our customers use our integration platform to connect Zendesk and Gainsight. The Azuqua platform allows you to build customizable, bi-directional workflow between these two systems. What I recommend to customers is actually to use a unique ID (rather than name) to synchronize accounts, which eliminates human error and reduces duplicates when you're automatically synching. Is this something you would find helpful? If so, you can get in touch with me directly at gainsight@azuqua.com