Solved

adding an image description into a copilot email template

• 27 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I am posting this for a customer in regards to ticket 33575. The customer is trying to add an image description into an email template so that customers that have disabled images in email can get an idea of that the picture stands for. Whenever the customer inserts the html for the image description and submits it, that submission is automatically stripped out and is not saved. In referring this issue to L2, they stated that currently inserting image descriptions is not possible, but will be enabled in "the next release". I am submitting this one day before the fall release, so I am assuming that this is going to be a part of the winter release. If some of our technical resources could comment on the status if making this functionality available that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 
icon

Best answer by vinaykumar_konduri 29 November 2017, 08:20

View original

2 replies

Badge
Thank you, Dan. This is really important when including images as some client contacts may have images disabled. If you can't control the alt text, then you can't provide direction for what those clients are missing.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hi Dan,

Yes, Currently we are not supporting the 'alt' text for images. That is the reason the alt text is getting stripped out.

In winter release we will be allowing alt text and it wont get stripped out.

Thanks,

Vinay