Allow a report to be attached to a JO email

Badge
We're working with clients who have large numbers of individual users. In order to provide better insight into what those users are doing, I would like to set up a monthly update email that includes the full user list and data, in addition to summary charts. For some clients, this data is directly tied to their invoicing, so it's important to have a scalable way to deliver it.

I'd like to be able to attach a CSV file to a copilot email. The report itself is easy to produce in Reports 2.0 and the CSMs can download it from the 360 page. But as we scale that will become more and more difficult to continue doing.

15 replies

Hey Jeff, roughly how large will the copilot powerlist be? One of the reason we haven't yet done this is the computational load of attachments to large number of emails. The direction we probably want to go to is have a link that goes to page that shows the reports / allows download (like a link shared via box). 
Badge
Well we have plans to grow to millions and millions of clients. Maybe billions. So scale is critical... but for now it's probably in the hundreds.

A note that a download link (especially on a product like Box) could be a non-starter. We don't have a relationship there and exposing confidential information on that platform would violate several of our terms. I don't love the idea (over an actual attachment) because it puts extra effort on my contacts. But definitely give the location some thought.
Userlevel 6
Hey Gaurav, I just spoke to a company today that wants to send renewal quotes via Copilot (for the SMB part of their business).  Am I correct in assuming that the only way they could do this is to generate the quote, post the quote on a solution like Box, and then include the link in the email?  Any other suggestions?  Thank you!!
Hi everyone, developers are taking this up in the current release. Plan to release to customers in Q4
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Guarav, I have a customer who is interested in this functionality as well. Judging by the latest release notes, it looks like this feature is not yet available? Do you have an updated timeline on when this functionality will be rolled out? Thanks!
Hi Spencer, everyone, I didn't update the status here but this is available as of November. When you add a tabular report in copilot, it will be sent as a CSV attachment
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the clarification, Gaurav! Great news.
Gaurav, I am not sure I understand? Are you saying I can embed a table in a Copilot email, filtered by the recipient's account ID? Or that I can add tokenized CSV attachments?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm curious about this too. When I tried to add a tabular report in CoPilot last night, I kept getting a message that the Tabular Report View was not supported, and the template would not save until I deleted the report. 
Clarification here. This functionality is not yet available. It's on engineering radar, and current planned for Spring release post February. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Did this get released in the February release? I'm still getting the message about a tabular report when I try to add one.
Badge
Does Gainsight have a release date on this feature? I would like to send our account owners a monthly snapshot of the health of their accounts.  
Badge
Linking another post for the same ask: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/report-table-view-in-email?utm_source=notification&...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This post says "Implemented" but reading through the notes I'm a bit confused.  

It sounds originally like the ask was to be able to attach files to a copilot email.  Somewhere it morphed into adding a tabular view into an email.  

Has the ability to attach files to an outreach been implemented?  If not, it really needs to be.
Badge +1
So is this implemented or not? My understanding is that we can't add a tabular view report to an email or provide a CSV on a copilot email. Am I missing something?