Include Report Generation Details in Report Exports

Related products: None

We export a lot of financial data from Gainsight that then gets plugged into financial models so we can do more complex modeling that the product doesn't handle yet.

We're running into issues of version control and not being able to track down the source report. With multiple people pulling data from different reports, the possibility for mistakes is large. I've spent hours trying to reconcile data sets from different people, only to learn that someone hadn't updated the dataset recently or made a selected an incorrect field in the source report.

To aid this, it would be super helpful if Report Exports included the following 3 pieces of information in the far right column:

Report Generated By:

Source Report Name:

Date Generated:

This would make it super easy for whoever's copy/pasting the data into a model to also grab the metadata.
Hey Will, Thanks for the idea. Does what you suggest, matter only to tabular reports? The use case, I understand, is to reuse hence makes sense for tabular reports only. I was just wondering if there needs to be data added for charts as well?

Also, I wanted to understand the need for an entire column for the metadata you mentioned. The metadata that you require is constant for an entire report. I will think if there is any other way to showcase the same in excel, csv, ppts etc. Sounds good?
Sounds good! You're correct -- this is primarily used for tabular reports. I haven't run into a use case for this for charts.