US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 9/19/19, 11 a.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

• 16 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello everyone! This thread is for our Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you Thursday!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

5 replies

Badge
Hi Spencer. I have a follow up question for a report I started to build a couple of weeks ago. I am building a report off of the Unified Scorecard Fact object to show customers that have dropped to a Red healthscore. I'd like to place that report on a dashboard for managers that filters to their team, with a secondary filter to select a specific team member. I'm able to apply the team member filter pretty easily as it's stored in the CSM lookup. However, I'm not seeing manager show up as an option. We store the manager in a field on the SF account and GS company object, which I see the scorecard object does have a lookup to. What can I try to achieve this?

Thanks!

Mai

Userlevel 1
Hi Spencer,

I have a question around a possible capability within Gainsight. The ability to tokenize images, for use in dual branding with our channel partners as part of our new digital outreach. Is something like this possible in GS or in the pipeline?

Thanks,

Steven

Badge +2
Hi Spencer,

Hoping we can talk about using multi-select picklists within the condition check of a Conditional Wait node.

Is it possible and if so, how would one configure it to look for one value within the list of selected options?

Context:

Newly onboarded customers have the ability to request more information to be delivered to them via email (up to 10 topics available to choose from). The team wants to be able to capture their selections and send one targeted email per topic over X period of days (eg if they select 3 topics, they'll get prebuilt templates delivered over the next 3 days).

I believe Conditional Waits will be key here, but after putting them together, I see the selection ID is listed instead of the name and the program drops the participant with an error code of:

Screenshot of the Conditional Wait Preview screen:

Thanks!

Badge +1
Looking for assistance with program building based on customer location. I would like to invite customers to an event within 200 miles of the event.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hello Steven - Circling back on this question for you to confirm 2 things:

1. There isn't a way to trick JO into carrying images via a token - internally, various implementation people have tried workarounds - and customers we know of that tried as well couldn't get it to work. In the near term, you have to use email variants - 1 variant per channel partner logo - which is fine if you have, say, less than 10, but quickly gets unwieldy.

2. This is on the roadmap - no timeline yet, but waiting on an answer to see if it's coming in the next 2 quarters, or after. I'll let you know when I hear back.

3. Feel free to help push it up the list of requested enhancements on this community post that I found:

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/is-it-possible-to-tokenize-a-link-added-to-an-image-in-an-email-template-5d0ab104e4b08845f9bdc95e

Add a comment with your use case and give the overall thread a thumbs up - always good for Product to have more use case details.

Wish I had a better option than Variants at the moment - but there's a future where you can do this!