Widget to show Accounts that have out of data Sentiment Updates

Related products: None

Hello All,

I think I am loosing my mind. :)

We recently created a subjective health score to allow for the CSM to log sentiment. However, based on Customer segment, we need an update every 30 days for example. 

I attempted to create a report off Activity Timeline and used a logic set like:

(Where CSM = Current User AND Scorecard_Measure = Sentiment AND Activity Date <=30 Days) OR (Scorecard_Measure=Sentiment AND Activity Date=Null)

I get all the accounts and update info for the out date sentiment, but nothing on the NULLS!!!!! Help! :)

The Goal: Create a widget that shows the number of CSM Sentiments that are missing or older than 30 days. 

Open to ideas/solutions. Any luck I am just missing something simple here.

Thanks Admins,

DB

Starting to think I need to customize a data field to get the last activity date and updated it daily… But you cannot edit the Activity Timeline dataset as it is a System data set… hum...

Pretty sure this is another “absence of data” issue.  If the sentiment was never entered and a TL entry was never created, there’s no “NULL” in the table.  You’d have to create a Data Designer set that will explicitly account for the absence of entries in the Timeline table.

As an aside - we created a Last Activity Date field on the Company object to capture the number of days since the last overall Timeline activity and populated it via a rule.  With that you could use nulls in the report filter.  

Pretty sure this is another “absence of data” issue.  If the sentiment was never entered and a TL entry was never created, there’s no “NULL” in the table.  You’d have to create a Data Designer set that will explicitly account for the absence of entries in the Timeline table.

Thinking of a Homer Simpson quote here! You are absolutely correct as you mentioned in your recent post on the lack of Nulls. Don’t know why that didn’t connect in my head - other than I have a data hangover. :nerd:

You are both correct. Its the Nulls!

Ran into this exact same issue, and @darkknight is correct.  I wrote a rule to populate the ones that didn’t have a value with NULL, and then, was able to report on them.  The weird thing is that you can see that they are indeed N/A on the Mass Scorecard Update report, but not in a regular scorecard report.

What a mess!  I was so confused. Kept going back to my logic - but it was sound. Just not getting the data I needed.

Workaround time. Thanks Y’all!

Hope it’s not one of those days…. 

Hope it’s not one of those days…. 

It is @jean.nairon, it is.  ;)