Solved

API option to delete Relationship Person?

• 14 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Via this url I found the API call to delete a Person, which works wonderfully. For my use case however, I want to delete Relationship Person or Company Person via API, without deleting the Person (they might still exist on another Company or Relationship). Is there an option to do that?

icon

Best answer by peter_robson 14 March 2023, 16:32

View original

6 replies

Badge +3

At this point, only Person records can be deleted via the Gainsight REST APIs. This will also delete the associated Company and Relationship Person records. I have not yet found a way to delete a specific Company Person or Relationship Person record. My approach has been to delete the Person records then recreate the CompanyPerson  and Relationship Person records that are still needed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for that suggestion @peter_robson. I'll look into that.

The documentation mentions a limit of 100 deletions per hour. What happens with the 101st (and following)? Are the calls just ignored?

Badge +3

@Jef Vanlaer From what I have heard, they are buffered, so they should automatically be processed the next hour. But, I have never had the opportunity to test this. You are welcome to respond to this thread with your findings :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@peter_robson I just did a test, deleting 132 records via an External Action. They just went through in under 5 minutes and all Person records are effectively deleted. Would the limitation on "100 Delete API call per hour" be lifted?

Badge +3

Hi @Jef Vanlaer If you are using External Actions, you are most likely using synchronous API calls (that is, each row is processed immediately) rather than Asynchronous API calls. There are different limits for each

Throttling Limits

API Rate Limit
Synchronous API Calls 100 API calls per min / 50,000 API call per day
Asynchronous API Calls 10 calls per hour / 100 per day

I doubt you hit the 100 per min sync API limit in your case (it’s not using the 100 per day async API limit). I also don’t know if these are hard limits or soft limits. I’ll try to do some further investigation for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I'll test further and keep you updated. There's about 150000 contacts left to delete (for various reasons) from our Gainsight setup ;-)