US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 08/01/23 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 1 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/92587328600?pwd=WS9TVDJWOTZpOTFxVFlxeGZwblJKUT09

Meeting ID: 925 8732 8600

Password: 970938

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aetAGucgRy

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi!! I’m having an issue with a program I’m trying to run. I’m trying to pull the open projects and send an email to the project contacts. and something is breaking at my merge. could be super quick and easy. OR you will probably be able to tell me a much better way :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi Scott,

Recently, I began circling back to Company Hierarchy to check the configuration options.  thought I recalled there being a way to configure Company Hierarchy using pre-determined mapping fields. However, when I looked this week, it appears that parent companies must be manually chosen by an Admin in Data Operations. Is this the only option? Company Hierarchy  

Hi Scott, 

I have a question about a rule we have that creates renewal CTAs. It brings over the incorrect ARR from SF and I was wondering if you could help me understand what’s going on.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Scott,

My question is for JO using the Advanced Program for our first automated send out to a select group of customers from CSM to Admin.

I posted this in the Gainsight Slack channel and it was recommended to add calculated fields and update Conditional Formatting in a JO journey since we’ll have some customers who might/might not need to opt out during the journey or who might be inactive some time during or after the journey ends and starts again.

I’m a CS Ops team of 1 and my only experience with JO is a couple of months with internal monthly newsletters and zero experience with calculated fields and minimal with filtering in Query Builder.

(note: I have a meeting until 3:15pm CST but will hop on this GS Office Hour once I’m done)

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Scott, if time allows, I would love to learn more about dynamic fields within the simple program model. I specifically want to understand more about how the function with the standard fields. Thanks!

Hey scott,

have a quick question about a Rule i’m working on, need assistance with an exclusion I can’t find. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @jeynreyn -- good to talk with you just now -- here’s the info about setting up a “manage subscription preferences” footer & page for emails, and another link for setting up categories of subscriptions for them to manage. 

Hopefully this helps you out for the overall setup on this program you are developing -- dig in a bit and see if it fits your needs.  Talk with you soon, I’m guessing!

Scott

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email_Templates/Email_Templates/Email_Opt-out_Policy#Opt-out_from_Email_Communication

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email_Templates/Email_Templates/Email_Opt-Out_Configurations#Opt-Out_Categories

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you @sdrostgainsightcom! and yes, it’s likely I’ll be back with more questions. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I have a topic for tomorrow’s Office Hours around creating Timeline Activities!