Solved

embed videos in outreach

• 20 June 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge

Is there a way to embed a video into a JO outreach? I know we can add an image or a link to a video, but I am hoping to directly embed a video into an email. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by manu_mittal 21 June 2017, 00:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I highly doubt the template builder retains embedded HTML5 videos. Interesting to note that, due to spam and security reasons, both Gmail and Outlook still don't support embedded videos, so most of the recipients would have to fall back to image + link.

Badge
Hi Ky - Also, from a best practice standpoint, I think an embedded video would be a pretty heavy send. It is much more light on the recipient's inbox to give the impression the video is embedded with the screenshot with a link. That way the video is housed and streaming from another place.

Elizabeth

Badge
We actually use Vidyard to record videos and then link them to a button in the outreach.
Happy to talk with anyone about how to use Vidyard in your outreaches. 
Badge

Hi!

So did things change? Does anyone here embed videos in emails outreach?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@fatima_sarah, in my observations, most folks are linking to videos hosted elsewhere, using a screenshot as a thumbnail, or a button to click. This seems to strike a good balance between deliverability of the email, gathering click and view analytics and also being able to adjust the underlying video if necessary.

Badge

thank you @matthew_lind!

what about GIFs? have you tried using those? what’s the deliverability rate look like?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Transparently, @fatima_sarah, I have not done any design or execution work concerning GIFs within emails.