US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 07/16/20 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 15 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,253252739#,,1#,864010# US (Chicago)

+16468769923,,253252739#,,1#,864010# US (New York)

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

8 replies

Hello -

I’m trying to setup a rule automatically changes a healthscore metric from green to yellow if it has not been updated in the last 60 days. I am having trouble figuring out which “modified date” field to use to trigger this update correctly. I’m using the account scorecard history object to set this up.

Any support or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We want to know how to deal with failed Survey responses when migrating to Survey 2.0

Badge

Want to continue our conversation from last week and understand how we can snapshot off of Gainsight tables. In other words, create an audit log to capture when field values change in custom objects in Gainsight

Thanks!

Badge

Hello - I’m working to pull CTA data and evaluate its correlation to revenue/customer retention.  We are running into a limitation with SFDC capping reporting on activities to only the past year.  Do you have the ability to help us pull this data farther back?  Any other workarounds to get at this data in aggregate (including an 18 digit account ID)?

Badge

Hello @sdrostgainsightcom , hoping to have a quick confirmation on the call today that my set up for my PS Survey Engagement is set up correctly, I am concerned about sending out mass emails which I do not want to do so just want to make sure it is set up correctly and if I need to add any filters to my contacts, other than what is existing...thanks

Hi,

1. I wanted to know how I can pull fields from a custom object into the UI view without adding the fields on to the account object. If the other option is to add it to the customer object, I am okay with that, but I wanted to know if there was another option?
  2. Can CTA write onto timeline? I want to know when CTAs are created and have the system log that entry into the timeline.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello all - thank you for joining today - the link to the recording of the session is below.
Sorry that we couldn’t quite squeeze in everyone’s questions but we did cover a lot of ground, including:

• How the Unified Scorecard Facts structure works - it isn’t particularly easy to be able to pull the current score for a selected measure from the currently-assigned scorecard for each customer, but it’s a use case that comes up regularly - worth it to take a 2nd look on the recording.
  • Dealing with failed survey participants when migrating from Survey 1.0 to 2.0 - how to report on the Survey 1.0 object in SFDC to find the bad Account ID and create a Company to match it so those orphan participants migrate over on follow-up attempts.
  • Setting up a custom object to track when a field on another MDA object changes (just a once-a-day tracker - not a time-stamped record if it changes 5 times in the same day, but a way to track history of, say, ARR, etc.) - this is one option vs just taking a snapshot every day or week whether data has changed or not. (I know you wanted to have that @Kate )

Here’s the link to the recording: https://app.gong.io/e/c-share/?tkn=c4el1ld6x1d2o17ijgelorzf

See you next time!

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Wanted to reply to @AgassiTran as well since we couldn’t get to your questions during the session - 

Q: How I can pull fields from a custom object into the UI view without adding the fields on to the account object. If the other option is to add it to the customer object, I am okay with that, but I wanted to know if there was another option?

• I assume you want to add a field to the Customer360 on either Summary or Attributes sections from your custom object - yes, the easiest, most flexible option by far is adding a field to Customer Info and populating it with Rules Engine - then it can be used anywhere in the Summary or Attributes section.
  • The only other option is limited:  you can create a “widget” report for that field, and then make it 1 of the 6 large tiles on your summary.  So, if it’s important enough to give it that top billing, the widget option is great because you are always getting the real-time value (and especially useful for “total logins last 7 days” or detail-type widget reports).  Otherwise, the only option is to create the Salesforce field on Customer Info.
  • Link to the Widget report doc here :Configure Customer Widget for C360 Summary

Q:  Can CTA write onto timeline? I want to know when CTAs are created and have the system log that entry into the timeline.

• There isn’t any way to set up an auto-create Timeline activity based on when a CTA is created - and this is in part by design.  Timeline is very popular with Gainsight end users - often because it has far less clutter than, for instance, SFDC Activities/Tasks object. In this case in particular, since there isn’t any method to globally delete timeline activities, you can picture having a rule run go bad and create CTAs for every customer - easy enough to delete the CTAs, but you’re stuck with the timeline.
  • My recommendation if you want a CTA creation history stored somewhere besides the SFDC Call to Action itself is to create a custom table in MDA - you can capture only the info you need about the CTA (name, type, creation date, etc.), and then you can link it to Timeline reporting.

Hope that helps, and have a good weekend!

Scott