Solved

Copilot- Release notes and Mandrill limitations

• 23 February 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Reading the recent release notes (https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/2016/09_Release_Notes%3A_Version_4.37_February_2016), I can see that we now allow 200K customers to be added to a single outreach.  However, the last I knew, the max emails someone could send through Gainsight Email Service (Mandrill) as 2000 per hour.  I want to verify that this is still true, or if Mandrill has upped their limits with us.

As I see it, this would take 4.1 days to get this campaign out, and does not include any other emails a customer might want to send through CoPilot or the Survey tool.
icon

Best answer by sundar 24 February 2016, 19:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Our overall limits on Mandrill has gone up to 450k emails per hour, and thing to remember is that each of our customer is a sub-user there. That is controlled by sub-user level limits and that is dynamic based on the volume, bounces & spam reports. Generally the limits are high with high volume customers up to 100k emails per hour and one customer with high spam rate still has 300 emails per hour. 

Bottomline over here is, Most of the customers (I would love to say everyone) need not be worried about these limits since our system is built to be resilient and improve the deliverability automatically like

1. All bouced email address are added into global blacklist and next time email won't be attempted to them at all.
  2. All spam reports are auto-unsubscribed.
  3. The emails are sent in a staggered manner in Mandrill, so the emails above the limit is queued and sent in the next hour slot subsequently.