Ability to add additional playbooks to an existing CTA

Related products: None

We currently have a use case where it would be really helpful to be able to add an additional playbook to a CTA as opposed to just replacing the current playbook....similar to how adding a template to a success plan just adds the additional objectives, but leaves the current ones in place.

Our situation is this....we're auto-triggering a Risk CTA for accounts we've deemed at risk for an upcoming renewal. The original playbook has a series of tasks for the CSM to investigate and determine if there really is a renewal risk present. If it's decided there is a risk we'd like the CSM to then be able to work towards mitigating the risk using one of our pre-built playbooks depending on the underlying reason they've uncovered (pricing, adoption, turnover, etc).

We don't want to replace the original playbook, because we need to be able to track what all actions the CSM has taken in regards to this particular risk. We also don't want to close out the CTA and create a new risk, because that would over exagerate our mitigated risk number and just be more work for CSMs.

Hi Katie,

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Let me know if I understand this correctly....a CSM is auto assigned a CTA with some tasks. As they work and finish these tasks they might want to create new tasks (via a playbook) and continue to work on the same CTA (vs having a new CTA).

One question: Is there a scenario where multiple playbooks might have the same / similar tasks ? In that case would it be Ok for duplicate tasks to get created (if we append the playbook)

Also, when we replace a playbook we don't tough already closed tasks. So if a CSM has finished their tasks and replaces a playbook the closed tasks will still be there for you to report on. Let me know if this works

Regards

Thanks Aditya. I don't foresee us having the same/similar tasks in the playbook we'd be looking to add, but in the rare case we would I think that would be ok...CSMs could either just close it out or delete the duplicate task. I wasn't aware that replacing would keep the closed tasks, but that is helpful. I'm just afraid from an ease of use perspective that it could get confusing to CSMs why some tasks disappear and others don't if they don't follow an exact process of closing all of the original tasks first. I'd still like to see both a 'replace' and 'add' options in the future.

Hi Katie,

Yeah I understand how it might confuse the CSMs. I will keep you posted on any progress we make on this

We’ve received a similar request from our reps on Success Plans: In some cases customers have goals that really overlap with multiple playbooks + it would be nice to have all the tasks captured under one objective. Therefore, it would be nice to be able to add multiple playbooks to an objective.

This would be great for us!  We have expanded our use of Gainsight and now have multiple teams collaborating.  With would be great to create ‘Paths’ by adding additional tasks based on how the item progresses.  A simple “Replace the current tasks -or- Add additional tasks” prompt may do the trick! :sunglasses:

this would be excellent - we would love the ability to append a pre-made set of tasks to an existing playbook instead of replacing the existing one. @CarollynnC 

@Cornelia me again :)

Hey @bradley thank you for being so active and bumping posts up to be taken into consideration. Glad to have you on this platform :) 

Hey @bradley thank you for being so active and bumping posts up to be taken into consideration. Glad to have you on this platform :) 

You are too kind haha

@bradley Thanks for the input. Do you do any kind of reporting on playbook? We see some users reporting on CTAs through playbooks since it’s 1:1 association today. 

@bradley Thanks for the input. Do you do any kind of reporting on playbook? We see some users reporting on CTAs through playbooks since it’s 1:1 association today. 

Most likely - if I don’t, someone else probably does. As you pointed out other organizations do this. Forgive me though, but I don’t see how that is relevant? We’re talking about task tracking for in flight CTAs, and being able to append a list of tasks with another list of tasks.