Add ability to categorize survey comments

Related products: None

Hi,

I'm in Success, and one of the things we really wanted in a survey tool was the ability to categorize comments inside of the tool.  We feel the open box text questions give us the most valuable insight into our customer base.

We take these comments and categorize them into root cause and area, like product section, slow support, awesome support, friendly/unfriendly sales, etc.  

It would be very valuable to be able to tag comments with reasons in Gainsight, and then be able to track these over time, by customer segment, by MRR, etc.  In addition, we could create CTAs based on root cause (e.g. if we tag it as an issue with Support, create a CTA for the CSM to follow up with our Support Managers).

Currently, we have to export survey results to Excel, and manually handle all of these, which is a cumbersome process and prevents us from trending it over time well and pulling such insights out.

We would value a way to categorize comments in either a structured or unstructured way (ex: drop-down list that we control or tagging them like Zendesk).

Thanks,

Chris
This is also something I would like to see available.  I'm in Express Workshop right now, and am planning on creating Success Plan templates (new as of 11.19.15) based off categories we identify and having the CSM apply them to the account as appropriate. I'm thinking I'll later be able to run reports or see how many plans are being used to see what the biggest areas of improvement are - assuming I can run reports on Success Plans.  I'm not sure if that is available yet.
Hi Christopher, would it be suffice if we enable functionality to do a text search on any comments in survey, and create CTA based on various values we are searching on? 

Jennifer, we will follow up on your question around Success Plan reporting shortly. Thanks
Hi Jennifer,

The capability to run reports on Success Plans is already in our roadmap. ETA not yet decided. I will keep you updated about it.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Gaurav,

What I think Christopher is looking for is to group similar comments. Such as these customers commented on Product, these commented about support, etc.
Thanks Lane!  She's right - I do want to be able to group similar comments, and then build reports on it in the tool.  It would be great to be able to compare things I've marked as product and the distribution of promoters, detractors, and neutrals for that category, for example.  Then, once we see trends, be able to build CTAs based off of the categories we put in the tool and the NPS score.
Hi Gaurav,

Do you know if this in on the roadmap or if there is a way to do this in the current state?
Hi Lane, Our goal is build a 'insights' product. This is part of this. It's on the roadmap. Not short-term though. We plan to start working on this post Pulse conference.