Does anyone use healthscore as a CSM KPI?

• 14 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m curious if there are others out there using the healthscore they’ve created as a KPI for CSM annual performance. This is something my company is looking to do. If so, what is your experience? How did you goal your CSMs? How do you track it on a regular basis? What pushback/challenges have you run into? Any feedback or insight is appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jess_hall I think it really depends on the composition of your health score.  If all the measures are things that the CSM has direct control over, then you could definitely hold them accountable for the overall score, but I think most times that’s not the case.  So, it might make more sense to hone in on the metrics they can influence, and look at those.  That’s had more success in my experience.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jess_hall I think it really depends on the composition of your health score.  If all the measures are things that the CSM has direct control over, then you could definitely hold them accountable for the overall score, but I think most times that’s not the case.  So, it might make more sense to hone in on the metrics they can influence, and look at those.  That’s had more success in my experience.  

I would agree, and rather than look at the overall score, maybe just a couple of metrics that your CSM has a reasonable amount of control over. And you could look at incentivizing going from low>high scores instead of just requiring a certain benchmark. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@heather_hansen and @bradley Thanks for your reply! 

@jess_hall did you get a chance to view the comments here.

yes, thanks all!