Email directly from Timeline

Related products: None

It would be great to be taking meeting notes using a timeline activity, put in the external and internal attendees, and then email all attendees directly from that activity in which I am taking notes. One Note does this well where I can put in my notes and attendees (linked from outlook) and then I can email them directly from One Note because One Note connects with Outlook meaning it opens up an email in outlook and formats my notes into a readable format that I can send to the attendees.

+1 this seems like a great idea. Definitely would save time for CSMs.

GE would like this functionality as well. Very important for keeping CSMs inside of Gainsight vs. going to Outlook to get work done. An adoption challenge for our business.

Hi @manmeet_dosanjh @andrew_cummins @melaniebrittingham

We are working on implementing a solution for sharing timeline activity via email.

Propsed solution(Overview)

In the Action icon along with 'Share link' and 'Copy to Clipboard', we'll add one more action called 'Send email'. On click of it an email composer will open which will auto-populate the 'TO' from the list of internal and external attendees, and will populate subejct and body from timeline subject and body.

The sender will be in BCC. The attachment upto 10 MB would be shared and error will be shown in the email body if it is more than 10 MB.

This text in the composer would be editable so a user can edit the 'TO' list, subject and even the email content. The reason is sometimes a user might not want to share all the information with external attendees so he should have a flexibility to remove unnecessary information.

An icon next to timeline subject would be there to show if the timeline has been shared and with whom. A record will be created in email log when someone uses this functionanlity.

Please have a look at the proposal and let me know if it solves the use case that you have shared or not. Thank You!

Yes this meets GE's requirements! Thank you!

What is timing for the release of this enhancement?

Hi! Yes that is perfect, I wouldn't have anything else to add as that meets our use case. Would be great to get this added if we get enough of an interest across communties.

Thanks again!

Thanks for confirming! 

It's in our short term roadmap. I'll update the release dates shortly. 

Thanks for confirming! 

@piyushmadhukar : I received a GS email today communicating about this feature being available in GS production. But I don't see the option available to allow “Send Email” from timeline. Is this feature only available in Gainsight NXT and should have “ allow sending emails from the Cockpit” option available? We are on Gainsight SF edition.

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.14 release. Gainsight now allows users to share Timeline activities as emails with the Share via Email option, which is available for all activity types on the Timeline page.  

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!