Link from Objective CTAs in Cockpit directly to Success Plan

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

As we’ve started using Success Plans more and more we’ve found navigating to/from them to involve more clicks than we would like. Since most of our CSMs live in their Cockpit and manage success plan objectives from there, I’d love to see a link in the CTA detail view so they could navigate directly to the success plan for that particular objective instead of first to the C360/R360 page>Success Plan>select success plan from the drop down menu (if there are multiple).

Ideally I’d love to see it in the top of the CALL TO ACTION tab (just under the Account and Relationship links), but could also make due if when we add the Success Plan Name field to the custom layout configuration for Objective CTAs that it would become a link.

Hi @katie_b :

Thanks a lot for sharing this. It makes a lot of sense to give the ability to navigate to the SP directly from Objective CTAs in cockpit. Will discuss internally with the team to see the best way to provide this capability.

If you are on SFDC Edition, as a workaround you can create a formula field to redirect you to the Success Plan and add it to the layout. Let me know if that would work in your case?  (I have added some screenshots of how to achieve the same)

Thank you for looking into this. I appreciate the work-around, but we keep our Gainsight Admin/SFDC Admin roles completely separate in our company, which makes adding things like new fields a little more difficult and I have to provide justification as to WHY we need it (trying to keep SF clean!). We’ll probably just deal with it for now, but would love to see this on the road map!

Is this feature available in NXT? Currently I can only add a column the a Cockpit view which lists the name, but does not enable the user to directly click into it. Additionally I am having the same issue within the Objective CTA itself -- I can only add a field showing the name of the Success Plan, but it will not link to the Success Plan. 

Since the workaround is not available in Gainsight NXT, this suggestion should no longer show as ‘Workaround Available’. 

Not having a link to the Success Plan from the CTA results in too many clicks to access the Success Plan Info tab and is not an efficient process. 

Is the ability to add a Success Plan link to the CTA view on the roadmap or under consideration?