Generic Survey Path in JO - Create CTA

Related products: None

I currently have a few Generic Survey JOs set up where I want to send a CTA for the CSM once we have sent the reminders and the customer still hasn’t responded.  After several conversations with Support, it was determined that the last option in the conditional wait is what determines when the CTA will be created.  Ideally, I would like to be able to specify a different time for the CTA versus when the survey results would still count.  For our use case, we are having the CSM manually resend the survey with that CTA, so we would still want the results to count after that.  I also don’t think that it’s clear that’s what that field controls as well, and it’s also not clear in the documentation.  I thought it might be possible to add an additional conditional wait after the Respond arrow, but it’s not possible currently.   I can create a workaround in the Rules Engine, but it would be nice to be able to do it in the survey path instead.

@heather_hansen thank you for raising the request and writing the use-case here. I will have to confirm the road-map on this and get back to you.

Isn’t the capture window also specified in the survey settings (with link expiration)? For the purpose of this program, your window should be the window that you want to consider as the wait step. So if you only want them to have 14 days before prompting the CSM to do it via CTA, you’d set that to 14.

The actual survey may be open for 45 days - but you wouldn’t that logic to be within the program, if I’m reading correctly? 

@kelly you are right.  I’d forgotten that.  So, in theory, if I set the survey at 30 days, and then, that last field in the conditional wait as 15, the CTA would fire then I’m guessing.  Maybe it wouldn’t count on the JO as being responded to though?  Even though it would show in the survey responses?  I think maybe the verbiage just needs to be a little clearer.  And unfortunately, that leads to the other issue that I can’t change it now without rebuilding the whole journey.  :tired_face:

@heather_hansen I think @kelly is talking about this section here: 

It’s not part of the program but the survey properties ‘additional fields’, and can be edited so you should be able to change it even if you have already built the Journey. I don’t know how good Gainsight is at honoring that change without reloading the survey, so it’s possible you might need to clone the program and reload the survey, but that should be easier than starting from scratch.

^^^ correct. If you set the link expiration to longer than the wait period in the survey, it should still accept entries. In the program set the wait period to the duration you want to accept entries before you want manual CSM intervention - bummer that the survey conditional wait can’t be adjusted. 

I think responses from the CTA would be tracked separately because they’re no longer flowing through the journey at that point, they would be in a completed state. Could be good from a tracking perspective - you can differentiate those that responded to email vs those that responded from the CTA. 

@kelly you are right.  I’d forgotten that.  So, in theory, if I set the survey at 30 days, and then, that last field in the conditional wait as 15, the CTA would fire then I’m guessing.  Maybe it wouldn’t count on the JO as being responded to though?  Even though it would show in the survey responses?  I think maybe the verbiage just needs to be a little clearer.  And unfortunately, that leads to the other issue that I can’t change it now without rebuilding the whole journey.  :tired_face:

This is correct. The survey responses will still be captured (till the time survey is active), just the participants in that journey will not move based on that response