Reporting on timeline activity content

Related products: None

With the new Activity Timeline reporting capability you seem to be able to report on all fields except for the actual "Notes" field?  Would like to have a report of the most recent "update" across key accounts.  
Hi Jeff,

We have plans for improving timeline reporting. I will keep you updated as we make progress.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I agree with Jeff that this a big need. Do we know where this is on the roadmap?
Wanted to clarify one thing: Notes are available as a hyperlink on the Activity Subject field. So as long as that's added to the tabular report, you should be able to click on it to see the associated note in its full UI experience. We are still working on how much of the rich text notes we want to directly expose inside simple reports, and in parallel working on bringing the Timeline UI itself to dashboards to directly expose most recent updates, for example, across a portfolio of customers.
Do you need a license of Gainsight to see the link?
Just to add my two cents... Notes not being it's own text field in timeline reporting is delaying us from moving some reporting and processes over to Gainsight from Salesforce.  Senior management needs to be able to see a report and quickly scan the notes for several services at a time. Having to click into each one and it open in a new tab and then go back to the report is just not the experience they want to have.

Very interested to see what you are planning for adding the actual notes text to reporting. I definitely think there's a lot of opportunity to improve upon how Saleforce handles long text fields.
Agree with Melissa.  I was thinking that I could potentially build a Data Space to merge the Activity Timeline with the CSTask (since we are syncing to SF), but since you can't use MDA objects in Data Spaces yet, I wasn't able to do that.
Any update on having the ability to view the notes within Timeline in the reports themselves? This is blocking us from being able to use this feature to gather back feedback from the customer. 
This will be available in fall release. Thanks!
With the fall release you can now pull notes into reports. Keep in mind, due to the type of field the Notes section is, you are not able to filter, group by, or aggregate it.

However, you can also pull it into the drill down if you use any chart type.
It's great that we can now add the Notes field to reporting!  Curiosity question... though it's not available now, any talk about eventually allowing us to filter on the notes field?  My main use case would be the "contains" filter if we are looking for notes on a specific topic or mentioning certain keywords.
Hi Melissa,

In April release, we are coming up with Global Timeline i.e. a common timeline view for all activities across all accounts and relationships. In this view, you can search for the keywords and get all activities related to it.

In upcoming releases, we will keep on enhancing the filters and saved views functionality.

Thanks,

Nitisha

@jeff_waldman the global timeline does not seem to resolve the capability of adding “notes” to a report to search for a “keyword” and run a report. Were you able to address it?

This was fixed. We can report on Notes now. Thanks!!