Option to "Ignore" rejected records in Connector Job

Related products: None

It would be good to be able to differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable fails in the connector jobs.

So for example if an opportunity record is rejected because the Company lookup returns a null I don’t want to receive an error for that. But if it fails because of a picklist value being incorrect then I do. 

The way I would see it working is having another option for how to treat derived mapping fields, so Mark Null, Reject, or Ignore

+1 this would definitely help reduce noise and let you hone in on failures that need to be corrected.

Follow up to this… the documentation here:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Renewal_Center/02Admin_Guides/Salesforce_Connector_Jobs_for_Renewal_Center#Derived_Mapping_2

states:

Note: You can customize the configurations for Price Book Entry ID, Opportunity ID and Product ID from the Derived Mapping section.

So is this out of date that we can change the logic for “When no Matches are found”?  I can’t find how to do it in Connectors 2.0

@jrich , you can choose to select “insert null values” in case no matches are found, this will insert the record with null value and will not reject the record.
And its a nice suggestion, to not display rejected records as failures because user has selected to reject those records and its expected. We will try to implement this in future

@jrich , you can choose to select “insert null values” in case no matches are found, this will insert the record with null value and will not reject the record.
And its a nice suggestion, to not display rejected records as failures because user has selected to reject those records and its expected. We will try to implement this in future

Thank you so, so much @inagar .  I honestly didn’t see that define lookup was a link I could click in the UI.  I knew I was missing something.  Thank you!!