US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 08/15/23 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 15 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session today, Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/92587328600?pwd=WS9TVDJWOTZpOTFxVFlxeGZwblJKUT09

Meeting ID: 925 8732 8600

Password: 970938

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aetAGucgRy

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Scott,

We are currently using a checkbox field to indicate if a customer is escalated. We would like to take this a step further and flag the escalated state on the customer’s C360 page similar to how we’re able to in Salesforce (screenshots below). Is there a way to set a color for a field in Gainsight?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a working Data Designer that uses the AO Participant object to look at those who have responded and those that have not responded merged with company person data.  I use this to calculate a response rate for our Client Experience Survey but have recently discovered I am not capturing the email opt out contacts who receive their survey link from a CTA email.  So, I need help with my Data Designer. I need to count all the participants in the survey JO Program and count the number of specific activities that were generated from a CTA email send.   I need to keep the survey send date and the activity date from each object.  I then need to sum those 2 counts by date by Company.  Next, I need to count the responses by date and company using the flattened survey object.   Once I have that data, I can use it to calculate my response rate.   I’ve gotten started but need some help moving further.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Badge

Hi Scott,

We are going through some Salesforce changes and I’m trying to test in the sandbox. The current Data Designer says fields have been removed from source but won’t let me change the fields. Thought I would just recreate the data designer, but it says the name is being used even though I renamed the other data designer. It asks me to verify with no way to verify. What are my options if I can’t edit the original or create a new one with the same name. There is a rule that looks for this dataset so if I need to rename the new data designer, I’ll need to redo the rule also. Not the end of the world but more work than I was expecting.

Thanks,

Sean

Badge +2

Hello Scott. I’m trying to build a rule that loads GS Company Persons that aren’t in Salesforce to the SF Account associated with these Company Persons. I believe I have the rule built to pull the necessary data to load a new contact, but the Upsert function doesn’t appear to be pushing records that aren’t found in the SF Contact object.

Can you help me troubleshoot? Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Veronica.Moore -- unfortunately, there’s no way to conditionally format a field either on the C360 Summary or in a tabular report.  I’m passing along a screenshot to Product, since I don’t think this specific use case is on their radar, but I know it has come up before a couple times.

Didn’t want you to have to jump on the session to get the “sorry, can’t do it” news -- but if I hear back from Product in the coming days I will let you know!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the follow-up @sdrostgainsightcom. I’ll also submit a ticket in Community.