Individual Action Testing

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

I was explaining and demoing to a customer what Bionic Rules is and how it will help slim down on rules.

Example, if a customer has 10 different rules for CTAs. They can essentially eliminate all of them and have just one bionic rule, barring special filtering/conditions needed.

However, the issue you can run into here is you can be working on one specific action, trying to test and and fine tune that one action instead of all 10 actions in the bionic rule. Having all 10 actions will make you have to wait longer each time you test run the rule. The request from the customer is the ability to only test certain actions. Such as a picklist of the actions when you choose to test run.

I discussed this with another SA and it sparked another/better idea. Instead of having a picklist we could give the ability to mark an action active or inactive. This would both solve for only wanting to test one action and in addition it will give the ability to Gainsight admins to 'turn off' actions instead of deleting them.

A couple use cases I could think of is if a GS admin is trying to improve a rule but they don't have time to fully complete it and still need some of the other actions in it to still run.

The other is if certain actions are not running properly, messing the rule up, and the rule still needs to be ran for other actions. But, they don't have time to test right now or need to wait on support to get in and test. This will give the rule the ability to still run without messing up.
Nice Idea. I'll bounce this idea with the team.

Also, During test / manual run, it would be helpful if we have options to add an additional filter for that particular run.