US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 02/11/21 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 10 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

7 replies

Hi Scott,

My question is regarding global filters in Dashboard builder. I want to apply a global filter to reports within the dashboard, but some reports come from different data spaces. I was told Data Designer might be the best option but I am not really sure how it works. Thank you!

Hi Scott! Could we peek at my S3 Bucket set up, I have not done on of these in 25 Years!

I have it all mapped and pretty, however, when I actually dropped the file in last night, nothing triggered.  If you could just give me your blessing!

Hi Scott,

My question is regarding global filters in Dashboard builder. I want to apply a global filter to reports within the dashboard, but some reports come from different data spaces. I was told Data Designer might be the best option but I am not really sure how it works. Thank you!

From my past experience with DD:

Just as a rule of thumb, if you are using SFDC, make sure to bring the user SFDC ID.  As well as within the mappings or data sets, make sure you map to the GS Company or User object.  This will make your life 10X much easier!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Scott,

I wanted to know about color palette changes.  I am most interested in changing the one for CTA Statuses.  Thank you.

Hi Scott,

I wanted to know about color palette changes.  I am most interested in changing the one for CTA Statuses.  Thank you.

Hey Denver!

Under Cockpit, go to Call to Action and you will see the color pallete there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @Dkirkpatrick -- quick note about the CTA Status colors.   Definitely not available now, and this set of pastels was a recent change (came in with the Horizon-style Cockpit) that has definitely been an issue for people.

Is it in Reporting or in the Cockpit itself that the color palette is causing issues for your team?  

Asking so that when you go to add your vote to the request (as I said, already a popular request), you can specify one way or another (or both).  I’m going to push for ability to select colors via Lookup fields when using custom colors in reporting as well as more options for Cockpit Config, but since the request below is covering both, I’d recommend adding on to it.

VOTE IT UP!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Also, @Dkirkpatrick, @Ricardogs18 and others, the request for allowing a custom color palette that’s been set up for a field in reporting to be respected when used via a lookup is just below.

Definitely popular already, and if it fits your use case, vote this one up as well!