Question

History of scoring

• 13 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Currently, we are unable to see who changed a scorecard metric and what it was changed from.  CSMs would find it useful to see the history of measures including the date, user, and what was changed to see the full picture of the scorecard history.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Angela, We do have an option to see the current score, previous score and Last Modified by in the scorecard history.

Could you please let us know what type of scorecard are you using. So that I can help you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Thank you for your response, Sai.  Does this show the full history, or only the most recent change?  I believe we are using Scorecard 2.0, we are in implementation with go-live later this month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Angela, History is saved based on the Snapshot. Snapshot is taken every week and month (based on the date granularity in usage configuration) and store it in History object. You can report on that object.

Please let us me know if you need any help here
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I don't think this changes the original idea request.  Our CSMs would like to see the history of the scorecard metric within the scorecard to understand the history of the score, including who made changes to the score, at anytime in the history of the metric.  This would be like an "audit history" for each metric.  A report that shows what the scorecard was 1 month, or 1 week ago is not the same.  Thank you for considering. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Angela, Current functionality doesn't support this use-case.I see there is a disadvantage with this,storing each and every change will definitely consume a huge memory, but definitely I will push this to our product team. 

Thanks for posting!
Hi Angela,

How frequently do the scores of a measure change ? Also, where would the CSMs want to consume this information - is it via a report or in the scorecard section in 360. 

The data of the score history (i.e what was the score, who changed it, when was it changed) are all tracked in the scorecard history object - there is a weekly snapshot i.e you can see what was the score 1 week ago, 2 weeks ago etc. Do you need that to be more granular?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Thank you for following up. We are still onboarding, so it is unknown how often measures will change, but the request as you described is accurate. They want to see the score history on the scorecard page including the details of who changed it. This is important for several reasons:

1. When there is a CSM handoff, the new CSM can see patterns with certain CSMs or CSM managers and ask appropriate questions to the previous CSM and/or the client themselves.

2. Some accounts have more than 1 CSM and they will want to see who made which change over time.

3. Client coverage for leave of absence. Very similar to number 1, if a CSM is out of office for sabbatical, parental, or medical leave there will be an easily accessible record of who updated scorecard measures (peer, manager, etc) when they return.

Comparing the history of an account in a report is cumbersome and time consuming when there is a high volume of other work for the CSM to complete in all 3 scenarios and would not be a best practice recommendation. Additionally, as I understand it, this report will only show the previous number and not give the CSM enough information to know who to speak to about the past rating.
Hi Angela,

Thanks for sharing the details. The snapshot today is on a weekly basis...will keep monitoring and based on how many customers need it, will think about adding the ability to track all the score changes.

In the 360 the CSM will be able to see the score trend (what was the score value & on what date) and also be able to see the last person who has modified the score 

Also, will think more about improving the tracking/audit capabilities 

Regards
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Angela,

How frequently do the scores of a measure change ? Also, where would the CSMs want to consume this information - is it via a report or in the scorecard section in 360. 
The data of the score history (i.e what was the score, who changed it, when was it changed) are all tracked in the scorecard history object - there is a weekly snapshot i.e you can see what was the score 1 week ago, 2 weeks ago etc. Do you need that to be more granular?

Thanks

This is actually coming up for us again.  We are looking to track how often and significant subjective measures change over time and are unable to capture that using weekly snapshots.  Today, we require CSMs to update subjective measures at a certain cadence (based on service tier).  We want to analyze how often CSMs are renewing vs changing the score so we know if the cadence is useful in monitoring client sentiment.  We further want to understand when in the client lifecycle significant changes in scoring for subjective measures exist.  For example, is the sentiment changing more frequently in the first year, or when other objective measures are high or low.  What correlations can we draw based on the historic movement of scores beyond the most recent change.

Thank you for considering.