Question

Case expression logic in CSV JO programs

Hi,

We use this standard case expression logic in the majority of our query builder JO programs:

We would like to replicate this logic in CSV JO programs to avoid the need to manually export and upload the sender name and email on the CSV file, which introduces a delay between export and trigger date, within which some accounts may have been reassigned.

We know we can pull in the CSM email with calculated fields by matching on account ID:

But this doesn’t allow us to configure the logic which will use the CSM email for certain segments, while using the generic email address for other segments.

Is there any way to achieve this without having to maintain a separate sender email address attribute at the account level, and without having multiple JO programs? Both of these workarounds introduce too much overhead.

Regards,

Silas

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

An evaluate step may be able to help you here -- running the logic for case 1 into the first path, and sending the rest down the second path.

There’s a lot of changes being brought about with dynamic JO. I’m still figuring out the quirks myself, but being able to throw an evaluate step before the first action seems like a definite win.

Thanks @dayn.johnson! Really appreciate the response.

This seems like it’ll work, but does require two separate JO email steps to be configured, tested, etc.

Meanwhile, I’ve been able solve for this by putting the CSV file in an S3 bucket and pulling it into the query builder, instead of using the CSV as a direct source. That then allows me to use merges and transforms just like I was previously: