Production to Sandbox data / configuration overlay

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

We are aware of the Cross-org Migration feature available in the product but it doesn't completely cover our Release Lifecycle policy.

As part of our development lifecycle, one week after a successful rollout is deployed in production, our IT team takes a snapshot of the SF production environment (configs and data) and overlays it in the Sandbox environment. This doesn't present an issue for any data that is stored in Salesforce, but the MDA data will not be part of it, causing a gap in the data present in production vs what we would have in sandbox. We are aware of the possibility of exporting all MDA data via bionic rules, but the problem is when we want to load system data into the MDA (think of scorecards 2.0 values given to customers). It would be very useful to have an admin tool that could take a snapshot of an MDA instance and be able to replicate it in another instance. Any plans around this?
Hi Marcelo,

Currently, the X-org tool does not migrate any data. Can you elaborate some more on the problem that you are facing with Bionic Rules around this?

Regards,

Jitin
Jitin,

When we do a refresh of the Sandbox environment, the IT team overwrites all data in Sandbox Salesforce with what came from production. If we could also migrate the MDA system data into Sandbox it would allow us to have an exact replica of Production in Sandbox for development and testing purposes. With the current state we have everything in Sandbox except the MDA system data which hampers development / testing processes as we will need to manually load data like scorecards.

Thanks!
Hi Marcelo,

Migration of data using X-org tool is not on the  roadmap. We encourage users to use Bionic Rules to do that. You mentioned about a problem with Bionic Rules  - ([i]We are aware of the possibility of exporting all MDA data via bionic rules, but the problem is when we want to load system data into the MDA (think of scorecards 2.0 values given to customers)).

How is bionic Rules not helping in this case? Can you elaborate more.

Regards,

Jitin
Jitin,

I can export all data using bionic tools, but the problem is how to import it back into the Sandbox environment where I want to make sure everything is the same as in Prod. For example, If I try to import data into table "Scorecard Master" the Import Data function is grayed out.

If there is any other way in which I can import this type of data into the system, please let me know so that we can try it. Just to reiterate, the whole problem is after a refresh of the Sandbox environment with data from Prod, all MDA data is lost as we need to re-create the MDA connection between Salesforce and Gainsight.
Jitin - as a part of sandbox refresh - why are we not copying data and configuration ? We are also seeing these issues where sandbox refreshes causing lot of issues us. I also have another

Preserve/replicate configuration for MDA after Salesforce sandbox instance is refreshed raised on similar lines year ago