Question

Exporting Reports to Excel: Formatting

Badge
  • 6 replies
We are in the process of rolling out a process where CSMs will post account updates in the CTA comments section. From there, we plan to pull reports off these and manipulate the data as needed in Excel for executive reporting.  When exporting to excel, we loose all formatting and line breaks. This makes the comments very hard to read and requires manual work to reformat the text as needed.  Ideally, when exported to excel, all text formatting will remain.  

5 replies

Hi Ryan, Can you please provide us the report name where this issue has been observed? 
Badge
Hi Ankita,

This is happening on any report where I pull the CTA comments from.  If you would like to jump on a call I would be happy to show you.

Ryan 
Hey Ryan,

Sorry that could not make call yesterday, actually,I work in IST time zone . Can you please tell me the suitable time when we can have call?
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Ryan,

I recently started going through all of the unanswered or unresolved problems and questions here. Was checking to see if this issue has been resolved or if it is an ongoing issue/question?
In winter '16 we worked on this item. With that release following tags are honored; italics, bold, underline and newline, div, paragraph and li. I hope this answers a lot of formatting concerns while exporting a regular report as excel (non scorecard mass edit reports).