Rules Engine - Undo Option

Related products: None

I don’t even know if this is possible, but I would love to have an undo option for Rules Engine actions.  Even in testing, you can sometimes miss a nuance or something that you don’t want to happen, and it would be great to be able to just click a button and have it undo what you did - whether that be removing CTAs or removing modifications to an object.  I know it’s probably not that simple, but wanted to put it out there.

My use case:  I have a rule that’s loading to an MDA object.  In testing, it looks like everything is running fine, but when I actually run it for real, it creates duplicates or overwrites data that I don’t want it to, but it’s not evident that’s going to happen in testing unless I’m missing something.  To solve, I might have to delete a bunch of data from the object and start over which is a lot more work than if I could just simply revert back to the previous state.

@heather_hansen sorry for the inconvenience. Not sure Undo option can be given here. 

Since duplicates are loading, I would suggest you to check the rule configuration twice before you run the rule. Specially  check the Identifiers and run the rule. 

Please let us know if you need any help in validating the rule. 

Hi @heather_hansen 

Thanks for posting this. We are looking to implement some sort of versioning in Rules Engine and this undo is a good option in a similar direction.