Is there a way to edit the company of a CTA and timeline post?

Related products: None

We accidentally put a CTA in an incorrect company and need to edit the company field to assign it to the right company’s cockpit.  Is there a way to enable the edit of the company field?  

Additionally, occasionally, a timeline email post is associated with the wrong company when forwarding to Gainsight from email.  Is there a way to reassign to the right customer?  

@cynthiam Ability for admin to change the company is coming in Q3. After that, we also have plans to give this capability to users.

@nitisha_rathi is that for just the CTA or for Timeline Activities as well? Currently only the creator can adjust the timeline activity.

It is for both CTA and Timeline. Timeline will be available tentatively in Q3, Cockpit might be in Q4.

Thank you. That’s fantastic!

We accidentally put a CTA in an incorrect company and need to edit the company field to assign it to the right company’s cockpit.  Is there a way to enable the edit of the company field?  

Additionally, occasionally, a timeline email post is associated with the wrong company when forwarding to Gainsight from email.  Is there a way to reassign to the right customer?  

@cynthiam since this is an enhancement request changing this to idea post for better tracking.

Hi @sai_ram @nitisha_rathi and team

What is the status on this please, as I can see it was pencilled in for Q4 2020?

Thanks

Did this ever launch?  

@nitisha_rathi curious if this is still on the roadmap? Thanks!

Ran into another use case for this with the Gong integration.

We found that Gong was assigning to wrong accounts on occasion, which then send to GS to the wrong account. We can update the account in Gong, but bc we cannot in GS and modifying the Gong call does not send an update to GS, it does not do anything. We are now stuck with the timeline being on the wrong account

Same thing with the zoom app logging to the wrong account if someone internal joins the call first - it usually populates our company and sometimes they forget to adjust before logging.

Our other use case is a little different than what’s been listed so I figured it’s worth mentioning. We have a pooled model and oftentimes, internal folks are forwarding a question to the pool on behalf of their customer. Since the internal email resolves to our account, the CTA gets created under our account versus the customers’. It would be great if the pooled CS team could re-associate that CTA to the correct account to allow for better continuity in reporting and less overhead in general.

I would love to see this happen. Is it still on the roadmap? 

Is this still on the roadmap?
For us, in some cases, the customer changes their billing currency, which means a new record in Salesforce. Each time we have this happening, we have to submit the reparenting request to support.

I would love to see this happen!

Ran into another use case for this with the Gong integration.

We found that Gong was assigning to wrong accounts on occasion, which then send to GS to the wrong account. We can update the account in Gong, but bc we cannot in GS and modifying the Gong call does not send an update to GS, it does not do anything. We are now stuck with the timeline being on the wrong account

We are also running into this issue - is this something that is still on roadmap?

The assignment logic for the Gong Timeline integration is not perfect. There should be an easy way to assign any Timeline Activity to another Company. I get this request all the time from my CSMs.

We run into this with the Chrome plug in too. Would love to get an update. 

Hello! Agreed, with more integrations this becomes even more important. This is still on the roadmap but have not yet got prioritised. We are internally discussing on this and will update this thread as soon as there is clarity on timelines.

@Sowmya FYI