Question

CSM Utilization

• 31 March 2017
  • 4 replies

I am trying to calculate the CSM utilization based on the Account segment, CTAs and Milestones achieved.

Here are some of the createrias that can I think can affect / add to the CSM utilization:

1) Based on the segmentation each CSM account gets a specific score (High Touch or Standard Touch or Premium+ or Premium).

2) Milestones achieved in an account.

3) Current CTAs in the cockpit (each type of CTA can be associated with different score)

Anaverage of all these score should gives us a view into the CSMs utilization.

I wanted to know if this something that can be achieved through Reports2.0. If this is not avaliable today, can this be considered as an enhancement?

Regards,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Gurukiran. This sounds like an interesting idea. Are you able to share what the formulas and calculations would look like? For example, if you had to create this as a prototype in Excel, what would the formulas and process look like?

At least on the surface it sounds like everything you'd want to accomplish can be done via our standard data management and reporting tools, it would just depend on the specifics of the process that would lead us down one path or another.
Hi Dan,

Yes, I can share the details.

We are currently doing it in spreadsheet. But, calculated based only on the Account onboarding status (planning to include the rest).

I cannot put the link to the sheet here as its has confidential details. Can we work on this via a support ticket or if you want to email me guru@redhat.com and we can discuss further.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Gurukiran,

That's great that you have the process fleshed out in a spreadsheet today; it will make the configuration easier in Gainsight. 

I'd recommend using our Admin Office Hours service to get more specific and detailed help on this. https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/categories/gainsight_admin_office_hours

I'll also drop a note to your CSM so she's aware of what you're working on and can work directly with you.
Thank you Dan.